Lore - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lore Reviews

November 20, 2014
The children are wonderful natural actors and led by Rosendahl's great performance. While the basic idea is not new, the whole movie is a great visual experience. Does the ending justify the journey. Maybe...maybe not. I wanted more.
October 27, 2014
Raw, Intense, Ugly and Beautiful all at the same time. Wow!
½ September 20, 2014
Its such a refreshing thing to watch a ww2 film from the German perspective, a glimpse into the suffering that patriotic families experienced at the end of the war. Such moving performances.
September 14, 2014
a remarkable achievement in terms of screenwriting, cinematography...pretty much the whole filmmaking process in general. Saskia is an actress to watch.
September 5, 2014
Not a fan of this was a good concept that didn't translate to the screen
August 25, 2014
One of the most thought provoking films i have seen in a long time. It has stayed with me for many weeks after seeing it.
½ August 24, 2014
A good watch for any WWII junkie. Don't usually see many stories/movies from that side of the war
July 5, 2014
This is a very very good movie, very solid performance for Saskia Rosendahl, doesn't seem like she's a newcomer. On the other hand, this movie is just not for me at this time in my life. Nevertheless a very good movie indeed just as the Critics (most of them) say.
½ June 22, 2014
Not easy to watch - quite intense, yet very slow. All the time you feel that something bad is just about to happen. Very good acting from very young people. Overall, however, I believe it's not worth the time.
½ June 14, 2014
Otro drama de la segunda guerra mundial, esta vez centrado en la huída de 5 hermanos hijos de soldados nazis tras la ocupación Rusa, Británica y Norteamericana. Es interesante ver cómo te muestran que Lore y sus hermanos so jóvenes bastante adoctrinados, y cómo, pese a tener evidencias del abuso nazi frente a sus ojos, son incapaces de cambiar, sino hasta el final. Interesante música de Max Richter.
½ May 20, 2014
Saskia Rosendahl gives an impressive performance in this disturbing, but compelling coming of age drama. The film is directed with confidence and boasts stunning cinematography. The soundtrack is fantastic, adding to the already incredible atmosphere that surrounds the film. I also really liked how the film doesn't spoon feed you, but isn't incredibly cryptic and only requires a little thought to figure out what was going on with the main character, Lore. Overall I really liked this, and would definitely recommend it.
March 25, 2014
The past is Powerful.
½ March 23, 2014
Intense pace, beautiful story and visually a pleasure.
½ March 20, 2014
A different take on the impact of the Nazis.
March 19, 2014
Was kind of hoping they would all die... especially Lore.
March 17, 2014
Harrowing but best movie I have seen in a long time.
March 8, 2014
Lore is a powerful and important story that is let down by heavy handed acting and over precious cinematography. Basically I think this film tries far too hard for its own good. Set as World War II is ending we follow 5 siblings as they trek across Germany after their parents abandon them. It has its moments but the camera work is intrusive, distracting and over reaches trying for art but never truly achieves this
February 25, 2014
I wasn't particularly phased by this picture, be it by the acting, the characters, the cinematography, or the pacing. Not a really memorable movie.
February 23, 2014
A truly superb movie! Painfully real, powerful, beautifully shot and very moving. A beautiful picture!