The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond Reviews

• Oct 19, 2017

A Southern Classic Maybe it’s because this takes place in the South that I like it so well, but I thought Bryce Howard played a remarkable (although obnoxious) rich debutant trying to chase a man with a high society blood line that had fallen from societies ladder, but a true gentleman played by Chris Evans. While Evans was subdued, Howard was anything but, and was sadly searching for Love she thought could be bought. The costumes, scenery, lighting were fantastic to watch with each scene and it took me back into time into a geographical area I am very familiar with. I was reluctant to watch it because I’m not always in the mood for a Tennessee Williams Screenplay, but this one lifted me out of a bad day and introduced me to an actress with a lot of talent, despite being the daughter of a famous successful actor/director (her father is Ron Howard) that critics/society probably haven’t given her the credit she deserves. But she has a successful marriage with two children and still looks extremely beautiful. May she live a life of happiness and success unlike many of the children you read about of successful Hollywood stars, ruined by the success of their parents. How refreshing!!

• May 27, 2016

I LOVED this movie. I found it beautiful, and haunting. The struggle of having a singular soul, and trying to force yourself to be happy in mindless society - and the realization that barely anyone will EVER.....KNOW......YOU - as you want to be known. Struck a chord so deeply within me. I am really not sure why this got SUCH bad reviews. May not be a masterpiece, but really well-acted, and a beautiful story.

• Feb 02, 2013

I really like this movie! It shows the vulnerability of a socially scorn socialite & in the end, I felt for her...I wanted to be her friend...I wanted to know how things turned out after the movie ended...

• Nov 17, 2012

As with other movies, I disagree with the critics about this one. I found it one of the more enjoyable Tennessee Williams scripts I've seen made into a film. For one thing, it is not so terribly depressing as some, such as Streetcar Named Desire. And this picture has a lot to say about rich and poor, and the the hypocrisy of so-called "good society" and its values.

• Sep 25, 2012

not one of williams' best rather more of a combo of some of his other female leads plus this pic is really miscast the girl doesn't have the gravitias 2 pull off this role

• Jun 15, 2012

Beautiful, lush cinematography, stellar acting, it broke my heart then filled it up

• May 13, 2012

This Tennessee Williams period story is strangely delightful and focuses on life in the south in the late 1920s.

• Mar 05, 2012

• Dec 03, 2011

Loved it! Bryce Dallas Howard is riveting and fresh. Discovered it on Encore. Recognized Mamie Gummer from Evening. Finding this movie was a nice surprise.

• Oct 03, 2011

for some reason this film didn't turn out as well as it should be. the cast is good. bryce dallas howard was hauntingly provocative in her role as fisher willow. and ellen burstyn made quite an impression despite having only a minor part in the film. will patton and chris evans also did their share in the acting department. but the film lacked something, it lacked the flash and charm that i would expect from a tennessee williams script.