Lost and Delirious - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lost and Delirious Reviews

½ July 19, 2016
It is really interesting to see how Pool makes this Shakespearean story of unrequited love and obsession look like it could be taking place in any time, and it is also very nice the way that she gradually moves her main focus from Barton's character to the film's true protagonist, Paulie.
½ March 14, 2016
Incredible performances and a powerful message, undermined by clutching to cliches and lacking subtlety.
March 31, 2015
Two young ladies embark on a torrid lesbian love affair. Trouble is they are still at school, a Canadian boarding school. A third girl, their roomate, discreetly pretends not to notice or care about what is happening in the next bed. Trouble starts when one of the lovers young sister and several of her classmates burst into the room on a morning after. Emotions and prejudices surface leaving the one girl with little choice but to end the love affair. This leads the other lover into an emotionally driven descent into the dark psychology of such relationships. Making a forlorn attempt to bring her lover back to her, and a very real threat to her former lovers new love, a boy. Difficult to follow in places. Full of the usual north American high school stuff. Yet, thought-provoking, emotional and thoroughly well acted.
½ December 29, 2014
Lost and Delirious [US, 2001] It should be okay if it didn't try too hard on making a point. 5/10
½ August 1, 2014
it started off decent but it kinda lost my interest as the story went on..
½ May 25, 2014
A sobering yet refreshing look at young love told in the unusual fashion of GLBT teens. Perabo, a favorite of mine, and Pare' make a wonderful couple, but as in many romances, something goes wrong and that is the crux of the story. The ambiguous, native American inspired ending detracted from the overall effectiveness of the movie. Impressed with director Pool's first outing.
January 10, 2014
Kind of crazy on a bad way
½ December 5, 2013
Painful and Beautiful at every angle
November 3, 2013
es sobre el descubrimiento de la sexualidad y sus retos, te arriesgas a seguir tu corazon o lo que la sociedad decida por ti... tragica movie!!
October 10, 2013
This is basically Romeo and Juliet...star crossed lovers who's family won't allow for their union. Just modernized and Romeo happens t be a manic depressive 15 year old. girl. Mary plays the role of the narrator...and nanny?
August 12, 2013
I loved it!!!! Simply loved it.
July 31, 2013
Lesbian films are amazing! I love it when they have boobies!
½ July 23, 2013
Decent story but would have been better if the Macbeth parallelisms were made more subtle. FYI Mischa Barton is not the world's best actress.
July 7, 2013
the performances are very superfluous
I've seen very committed actresses in a film like this
yes the movie is maybe too deep and the melodrama is very heavy-handed but by God is the acting incredible
Graham Greene is ok because he's not in the movie a lot
a very young Mischa Barton and Piper Perabo are 'lost & delirious' souls
a simple, sweet love story becomes shattered because of the peer pressure and expectations from outside the school institution
the teenage angst is wonderfully portrayed here and that's a touchy subject to discuss
citawijaya
June 25, 2013
Piper Perabo's performance was really good but the ending kinda ruined the movie, I mean like... come on. Like, goddamn.. come on.
½ June 19, 2013
I've seen this movie several times over the years, but as I watch it right now, I find it evoking new emotions in me... Yes, this movie is about two girls, but it should not be pigeonholed as a "lesbian" film. This story will resonate with anyone who has ever come undone from the pain of losing their first love or of being different in a society that puts a high value on perceived normalcy.
½ June 6, 2013
It's an interesting teenage angst film until the last 20 minutes when the plot goes haywire and loses it completely.
May 5, 2013
A wonderfully played romance that understands love and the audience it is striving for.
April 19, 2013
A stunning film, filled with messages of love, friendship, desire, fear and despair. Unmissable and beautiful.