Lost Boys: The Tribe - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lost Boys: The Tribe Reviews

½ May 27, 2017
Slickly made, but low budget and uninteresting sequel to the iconic 1980s teen vampire movie. There is again a family moving to Santa Carla who run afoul local vampires, surfers this time instead of bikers, but that's about the only thing original about this film. When the most interesting thing about the movie is that Corey Feldman reprises his role as vampire hunter Edgar Frog, although a 13-year-old acting like a tough vampire hunter is a lot funnier than a 40something vampire hunter, even if it's tongue-in-cheek. Corey Haim also makes a cameo and Tom Savini has a funny (and gory) cameo in the film's opening. And in true B-movie fashion, this film casts a unknown relative of a movie star with Kiefer Sutherland's half-brother, Angus Sutherland as the new vampire leader. I suppose the film does achieve a decent "California" feel to it that was also achieved in the original, but really there is not much to recommend here.
½ May 13, 2017
Loved the first one this one sucked!!! What a disappointment !!!booooo
March 25, 2017
Personally, from my perspective, since I have seen the sequel "Lost Boys: The Tribe", I can definitely testify that it is a great movie, as well as very inspiring (especially for writers of fan fiction like myself), very neat, and very well-written, just like the 1987 original The Lost Boys film. Also, Corey Feldman returns as Edgar Frog, the vampire hunter from the original 1987 film. He does a great job in his portrayal of Edgar, and it shows that he hasn't lost his spark or his talent as an actor. :)

Since Kiefer Sutherland played David in the 1987 original film, and did a fantastic job in bringing David to life, I have also noticed that Angus, Kiefer's half-brother, gives a fantastic performance as Shane Powers, the charismatic and animalistic antagonist in Lost Boys: The Tribe. From my point of view, Angus definitely not only makes a name for himself as an actor (and a darn good one at that), he also shows that he has the ability to play a character such as an evil vampire in a horror/comedy film, too. (Good for him, of course.)

To sum it up, Lost Boys: The Tribe is definitely a must-see for anyone who is a fan of vampire films, a Lost Boys fan or both. Basically, this awesome film is one I highly recommend, too. No vampire film collection would be complete without this gem of a movie. :)
August 7, 2016
Not a classic in the way the original "Lost Boys" is, but not bad. It as fun seeing Corey Feldman back as Edgar Frog. I really want to see a follow up to this film with Corey Haim and Jamison Newlander fighting Corey Feldman. Now that will be a Lost Boys sequel worth filming.
½ December 12, 2015
Is it better than the first one? Not even close. Is it bad? Nope. Is it great? Nope. Is it alright. Okay, I'll give it that. Lost Boys 2 takes place in a new area, with older, I'd say early to mid '20s aged vampires (time of death, aka transformation into a vampire). The plot is almost identical to the original film. Corey Feldman is much older and much more well equipped this time around. He also ironically lives in every town where there be a den of vampires.

He still doesn't tell anyone he's charging. Replace the single mom with an older brother and younger brother with a older brother and younger sister living in their relatives' back house who is charging them. She doesn't take the place of the mom from the first film as her role is more into the trolling perspective. The younger sister is 17 and not really young like Corey Haim was in the first film.

This film was pretty good and was a bit more of a modern take on the original. Maybe, there's better hope that the 3rd film and final entry into the trilogy is much better.

There are some cool homages in this film. A remastered, modern version of the theme. The music, for the most part still relates and includes hard rock and some hip hop. There's even a fun direct reference to The Goonies and the most famous line from The Warriors. The Goonies reference almost breaks the 4th wall except the fact that no character acknowledges it when Corey Feldman is around and as a result, he wasn't even in the scene himself.
½ March 11, 2015
I wasn't a big fan of this letdown film. It was nearly identical to the superior first Lost Boys only played out like a TV movie. I mean it had some parts, but they were mostly already done.
February 23, 2015
Not going to blow anyone away with plot or effects, but it is a fun addition to the vampire genre with glimmers of potential that never fully materialize.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
Its always nice to see comebacks of old great movies and Lost Boys has been a fav movie since it came out. As always with sequels they can't match the old ones like this one for example. But its not a bad movie at all and well worth seeing actually and have many similar things common with the first flick. Luckly we have atleast Corey Feldman back which make the movie better overall. Corey Haim is back aswell but only for like 10 sec in the movie... Anyway take a closer look of this average comeback of the 80s if you liked the first movie.
December 10, 2014
not terrible. ridiculous blood scenes.
October 10, 2014
For a straight-to-video sequel 21 years after a classic vampire movie, Lost Boys: The Tribe is quite good. It isn't really much different from the original, but the characters are fairly likable, and I found that it was kinda hard to tell how much of the effects were practical vs CGI, which can only mean that they look pretty good. I'm not surprised that this movie would get mostly negative reviews, but the fact that it's 0% and 25% I don't really understand. I could only imagine that people expected this to be more than a straight-to-video sequel.
August 31, 2014
A pretty pointless sequel that really just feels like an excuse to get Feldman back in front of a camera.
August 17, 2014
Feldman's presence is the only right thing. The rest is complete garbage and a complete wrong image of the original.
July 23, 2014
20 Years After The Original Cult Hit, Director P.J. Pesce Presents This Straight-To-DVD Sequel. Corey Feldman Returns As Vampire Slayer Edgar Frog, As He Attempts To Take Down A Gang Of Vampire Surfers (Led By Angus Sutherland, Younger Brother Of Kiefer Sutherland) & Save Half Vampire, Nicole (Autumn Reeser) With The Help Of Her Brother, Chris (Tad Hilgenbrink). This Film Borrows Heavily From It's Predecessor But Doesn't Have A Twist, It's A Straight Forward Vampire Tale Of Murder & Passion. Not Great & Fans Won't Get Anything Out Of This Sequel. Look Out For A Cameo By Corey Haim In A Short Scene Which Plays During The End Credits. Sadly Scenes Featuring Jamison Newlander Reprising His Role As Alan Frog Were Cut.
½ June 19, 2014
The brief entertainment can't make up for the flawed outcome.
½ June 8, 2014
Well what can I say? This film should never have been made. The original is one of my favourite films and I longed for a sequel. But unfortunately when a sequel arrived it was this pile of crap.
The lost boys was a completely original and stylish film with a great cast. It had the perfect blend of horror/comedy without being stupid. This film has none of those qualities. I'm surprised Corey Feldman didn't intervene and ask the writers and directors what the hell the hell they were doing?!
March 3, 2014
There's a reason this movie went straight to video. No Kiefer Sutherland anywhere to be found. There is an Angus Sutherland, though.
October 23, 2013
As a sequel to the superior "Lost Boys", it's a misfire. If you take it for what it actually is - a goofy, bumbling, cheesy cash grab - you might find yourself having an entertaining chuckle at the expense of everyone involved here.
October 12, 2013
As a direct to dvd movie it's better than expected. Not as good as the original, but pretty fun on it's own.
September 22, 2013
If people judge movies on the acting alone, than this thing never should have seen the light of day.....unless it has something in common with its antagonists, in which case, bring on the sun. This isn't so much a sequel to one of the coolest vampire movies ever (although it is) as it is an underfunded and poorly acted fan film that isn't. There's plenty of callouts to the original, such as the redubbed and covered main theme of "Cry, Little Sister" (sounds horrible now) and some hints that Chris and Nicole may be the children of Michael and Star from film 1, but they're all overshadowed by the main event travesty. Even Corey Feldman's appearance as Edgar Frog, acting EXACTLY the same, feels slightly neutered from how he was before, making him a teenager in an adult's body instead of an adult who's been doing this since he was a young teenager. It almost feels as though this was a third film and that the real second film -- one showing the loss of Michael and Star and what happened to Sam -- is out there somewhere, never to see the light of day. Really, it's just an expansion on a franchise that didn't need expanding in an effort to either (A) make some more money, or (B) make Corey Feldman relevant. It didn't do either, though, and instead all we have is a bubbling pile of blood and ash that's gonna be a bitch to clean up.
½ August 7, 2013
just fine. enough of a call back with a much faster pick up rate. not