Lost in the Sun Reviews

• Aug 22, 2017

This is a film that will play over and over on premium television. Easy to watch and easy to root for the featured characters.

• Dec 01, 2016

ok heist/caper drama

ok heist/caper drama

• Jul 30, 2016

This film shows the nothingness in life. Existing from day to day with no real purpose or meaning in a dreary world of no opportunity. With all the nothingness springs up genuine care and devotion. With no rationale springs up meaning and purpose to living inspite of hardship and pain. In loneliness and isolation a true friendship develops on what is truly good and permanent - Love.

• Jun 14, 2016

A road movie that extended to a different level of bonding between two. I was not overwhelmed by the overall film yet a very enjoyable film for the wonderful direction and the beautiful character displays. The first thing I remembered was 'Paper Moon', but it was when 'Last Ride' meets 'Natural Born Killers'. Clearly, it dealt with its own concept, but I won't deny the influence of those titles this film has. So I believe the writer has been inspired by them. If you like the road films, then you might enjoy it as well, even though you're not desiring to give high marks. It begins when a 13 year old boy who lost his mother embarks a journey with a stranger to go and live with his grandparents who are on the other end of the country. On their way, the two struggles with their differences, especially in the conflict of interest to take such a trip. But they end up developing a close bond which is at one point comes to tear them apart. It did not live up to my expectation. Actually, I was not having any expectation because I came to know about it a while ago before finished watching it. Without the character development how much a story going to impress its audience, but this film did by letting them to figure it out by themselves. There is a twist and other turns in the tale, but everything's very easy. So the film kind of interested me, just for keeping everything simple and telling a tale with a good speed, but obviously not an original or anything extraordinary. Josh Duhamel was amazing, his role along with the kid's make you watch it. Especially after the 'Spotlisght', every a film with priests in it freaks me out like the one from this. Anyway, this is not a must see, but not bad to ignore completely. 6/10

• May 22, 2016

Better than I thought it would be! The ending offers an interesting twist.

Better than I thought it would be! The ending offers an interesting twist.

• May 17, 2016

Bittersweet indie with good performances, especially from Josh Wiggins, marvelous scenes of the western sunrises and sunsets, and a haunting score.

• Apr 24, 2016

Lost in the Sun is about family, and the discovery that families differ from person to person. Not every family turns out to have strong bonds, and from time to time, we can downright despise them at times. Lost in the sun centers on a young boy who has lost those bonds and a trip that brings his life into focus. It's a fairly dramatic story. A young boy loses his mother, and has to travel across the country to live with his grandparents, whom he's never met before. Along comes drifter and lowlife John (Josh Duhmal), who offers to take this young man to his destination. Against his better judgment he hops into the car with this stranger, and begins a journey of self-discovery. I didn't think it was a copied story. There was a lot of interesting and heartfelt moments. The plot line delivers a lot of teary moments, and as you travel through the country with them, their bond becomes stronger, as does yours with the characters. It was an interesting story too, as each reveal brings you closer and closer to their destination, and it's inevitable end. The thing I did notice is how similar the story was to the movie "Road to Perdition." If you've seen that film, you'll know it's not EXACTLY the same story, but remarkably close in many points. The lost boy, the father figure, the journey they take together across the country. Many of the same elements and emotional moments were in both films. Overall, it's a decent movie. Better than I thought it would be and I found myself pretty drawn in to the story. Like a modern day Road to Perdition, it's a sad father and son story, but told in a very good way. 2.5/5

• Feb 02, 2016

Lost In the Sun is excellently put together film that seems to drag out the obvious for a while, only to bring a surprisingly touching ending to the film.

• Jan 31, 2016

An action drama that is worth seeing .Both Joshs did a good job It could have been a little faster .

• Jan 08, 2016

Just Ok, nothing more....

Just Ok, nothing more....