Lost in Yonkers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lost in Yonkers Reviews

½ January 21, 2009
A sweet touching movie and a particularly beautiful and emotionally inspiring performance by Mercedes Ruehl.
January 14, 2009
Could do without for the time being
½ December 28, 2008
Lost in Yonkers may not be the best movie ever, but it's got quite a lot of charm. The cinematography and the acting are superb! The characters are the gem in this film. Jay, Artie, Grandma, Bella and Louie kept me entertained from beginning to end. Hilarious and touching all at once.....
½ December 10, 2008
We like Mercedes Ruehl !!!
November 20, 2008
Every family has their trials and tribulations, but this family has a whole other "ballpark" to figure out. With some twist and comedic turns, this film will have you cringing from one moment to laughing at the next.
½ July 17, 2008
cute. Neil Simon is always good.
May 31, 2008
Not as many laughs as one might expect from Neil Simon, but an interesting slice of a disfunctional family seen through a kid's eyes as one might expect and still well done.
½ May 19, 2008
Love that moxy scene :)
May 17, 2008
I remember seeing this movie when I was younger and laughing at the one crazy lady. I should see this again.
May 16, 2008
Saw this movie awhile ago and saw it again-even better. Love the 2 boys especially Artie! And Mercedes Ruehl is amazing. It will make you laugh and cry...just love it!
½ March 15, 2008
omg!! such a great movie!!! really funny too
½ February 29, 2008
It works better on the stage. It's lost a good deal of the humor in the transfer.
½ January 31, 2008
We did this play in high school so I really like it, Another bias on my part. Great play. Nice adaptation.
January 19, 2008
A good film about New York working class. Definitely try to catch this film.
January 14, 2008
my favorite neil simon... mercedes ruehl rocks
½ January 10, 2008
The play version is better, but Neil Simon did a good job making this screenplay and the casting was great. The actors are excellent in this flick.
December 11, 2007
this movie is great...and the play is awesome!
December 5, 2007
This movie is such a classic NY working class film.
Boyhood to adulthood and horrible hideous old grandmothers
½ November 28, 2007
Watched when I was young. It was that good that I needed to rate it. The two boys and their situation were really well played out. It's a movie for all to see.
November 24, 2007
A movie that is stunning to see... I think it is one of those best 'slice of life' comedies that a person should see at least once in their life time.