The Lost World - Jurassic Park - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Lost World - Jurassic Park Reviews

½ December 23, 2016
The Lost World: Jurassic Park isn't quite as remarkable as its hit predecessor - or most of director Steven Spielberg's work - though its stunningly rendered dinosaurs, scary moments and some great action sequences - in fact, the one with the RV was in my opinion, my most favourite moment in the entire movie - help make it a reasonably amusing experience.
½ December 21, 2016
eeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhh...
½ December 19, 2016
Much less entertaining than the previous movie and the novel it was based on. While the dinosaurs CGI special effects are undeniably realistic and frightening, the plot is all too simple. Back in Michael Crichton's novel The Lost World, the human villain (Lewis Dodgson) was more fearsome and evil than the movie's human villain Peter Ludlow, and Lewis Dodgson was an even worse intellectual threat towards Ian Malcolm, Sarah and Kelly than were the dinosaurs. Here, the Tyrannosaurs and Velociraptors simply corner and outmatch the humans just by biology and speed, Peter Ludlow simply is half cowardly victim and half land-intruding jerk, so he isn't as contributing to the movie as was Lewis Dodgson to the book.
October 22, 2016
Its a step far down from the original but it's got a couple decent action sequences.
½ October 18, 2016
ADVENTURE FILLED MASTERPEICE!!!! pretty good
½ September 4, 2016
Suspenseful and well acted with familiar characters returning and new memorable ones. However, falls flat on writing with a predictable story.
August 28, 2016
"The Lost World" is the obligatory sequel Steven Spielberg had to make in the follow up to his monster smash-hit, "Jurassic Park." In round two, nothing has really changed, especially the mediocre acting. Despite the thin plot line, the highlight of this sequel is the constant action sequences with the much improved FX of dinosaurs chomping up people.

The thrills aren't as shocking or as original as the first film, but it stills holds up as an exciting action and adventure movie.
August 27, 2016
its okay eventhough its boringest jurassic park movie.
August 26, 2016
Am I surprised that this was not as spectacular as the original Jurassic Park? No even the slightest. That is a bar nearly impossible to surpass, and I assume the filmmakers were well-aware of that while making this film. But even with that in mind, I must say I was fairly disappointed by "The Lost World". Given the material and talent here, this should have been better than a mediocre dinosaur film. The original Jurassic Park had an interesting idea at the center; an idea about man vs. nature and how we should not mess with the way of life. That idea is gone here and all we have is dinosaurs attacking and eating people, which is fine and fun at times, but all those chilling and suspenseful sequences do not mean much without substance. I loved seeing Jeff Goldblum (man, he's so likable!) again and there are some genuinely gripping moments. Although I wouldn't call it a bad film, it's one of Spielberg's weaker films for sure and one that doesn't require multiple viewings.
½ August 26, 2016
Big down grade not as entertaining as first
August 16, 2016
it has some fun but it as good as part 1
½ August 13, 2016
The sequel to Jurassic Park has some really enjoyable action scenes and cgi is impressive but it's not enough to save this movie from poorly written characters.
½ August 13, 2016
If I wasn't watching this movie with someone, then I would have quit watching five minutes in.
The main characters in this movie are the secondary characters from the first movie. So this transition to the spotlight meant that these characters needed to be fleshed out. And they were...with stereotypes.
Now these stereotype-stuffed-characters would have been okay if they had survival skills. You know...they're going on to a dinosaur island...maybe some instincts and skills would have been nice to have.
Nope, nothing. The only character with survival skills dies twenty minutes in.
There were only two things that could have redeemed this movie: the plot, and the ending.
The plot was bad. Idea was fine, but implementation went wrong.
There was no direction in this movie. The characters were just...doing stuff. Until of course, the part where everything went wrong and they now had to escape.
In the end, the ending is what redeemed the movie. I loved that the movie went farther than the first movie.
To conclude, if you want to watch a Jurassic Park movie, watch the first movie. Watch it twice, three times, four times. It would be better than watching this sequel once. I for sure, will not watch this movie again.
August 7, 2016
A Very Underrated film, the story is compelling the CGI in this film is way ahead of it's time. Not as good as the first but still pretty good.
½ July 30, 2016
The lost world is a disappointment in comparison to the first film mainly because of the underdeveloped characters,plot holes,stupid character motivations,forced dialogue,cliches and contrivances and the film has no colour to it because it takes place at night.the movie does have great practical effects and action sequences..,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,¦,,,,,°~,,,,,,­,,,,¢,,,,,¦6,,,¢,,,¦)jgl...
½ July 28, 2016
Very blah and even more meh
½ July 23, 2016
The second entry in the Jurassic Park franchise is classic Spielberg, brilliantly produced in the tradition of the best of Summer blockbusters.
½ July 18, 2016
Sooooooooo underrated. This was so good and awesome. The only reason people don't like this is because they say to them selves,
" Well this is a sequels so I'm going to assume it's bad and hate it before I see it.
STOP THINKING EVERY SEQUAL IS BAD.
Please.
½ July 13, 2016
A worthy follow up to the original. Sam Neill is unfortunately nowhere to be seen, but Jeff Goldblum is back as the always entertaining Ian Malcolm as he steps into the lead role and nails it. Darker than its predecessor but no less thrilling in this continuing struggle of man trying to overpower nature. Life, uh, finds a way.
July 7, 2016
Not great like the 1993 original, but, I still liked 'The Lost World' to a small degree.