Reviews

• Jun 21, 2021

This special was, dare I say it… hilarious!

This special was, dare I say it… hilarious!

• Apr 26, 2020

**blatant & unjustified purge on Louis CK listings as all previous reviews on this special and others have disappeared** As funny as any stand-up he has done. Pick any special in his catalogue and they are all worth multiple viewings and this is no exception.

• Jun 28, 2019

Although arguably not his best work, "Hilarious" has some great moments by possibly the best comedian of the 21st century. What drags it down is the fact that, unlike other specials of his, this feels a bit inconsistent. Nevertheless we see him flex his muscles on a variety of topics with his trademark charismatic delivery, on his way to even better things on both TV and stage.

• Jun 25, 2018

Louis C.K.'s stand up special, "Hilarious," is just that. I found myself laughing consistently and I think this may be the best one he's ever done. It really captures his style of humor better than any other special he has made thus far. I recommend it for fans of his entertainingly mean humor.

• Jan 08, 2017

the funniest Louis C.K. show I'v seen is - Oh My God

the funniest Louis C.K. show I'v seen is - Oh My God

• Oct 09, 2016

He's funny but he's also a grumpy old man hating on the younger generation a little too much for my liking.

• Oct 01, 2016

Excellent storytelling and laugh out loud jokes :)

Excellent storytelling and laugh out loud jokes :)

• Nov 20, 2015

Any standup starring Louis CK is gold. If Carlin is the father of modern comedy, Louis is his prodigal son.

• Jan 25, 2015

Louis C.K's improvisational style and brutally honest vulgarity can produce a chuckle, if even for the shock factor. In addition to this, he also intelligently criticises certain social behaviours in the current generation by putting it into perspective, such as our knack to complain about the minor malfunctions in advanced technology. In spite of these considerations, it still does not make up for the lack of laughs due to mediocre impersonations and bland stage presence.

• Jan 09, 2015

I liked this, but there were stretches that were definitely 'meh'.

I liked this, but there were stretches that were definitely 'meh'.