Louis C.K. - Chewed Up - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Louis C.K. - Chewed Up Reviews

November 20, 2015
As all of his other specials, Louis delivers a surplus of laughs and cynicism
September 10, 2014
I love his comedy!!!
½ July 14, 2014
Good Special, got that on dvd
½ June 15, 2014
Just as good as his other stand-up specials, Louis covers everything from being a father to being older to his hatred of deer, and he does it all with his signature angry, yet self-deprecating style.
March 29, 2014
Absolutely LOVE Louis C. K. I think I would even go as far as to say he is my favorite comedian at this point. I always look forward to his new stand up. Its the kind of stuff you end up quoting in different situations that he has described. AWESOME and Chewed Up is no exception
October 18, 2013
Although Louis' most recent specials have had more real life poignancy and intelligence, (he's slowly becoming a Carlin like master of comedy), "Chewed Up" has some of his all time funniest bits. Exuberant comedy.
September 15, 2013
I always love his routines!
August 31, 2013
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!!!
½ August 17, 2013
The description tells it perfectly: "Profane, vulgar and obscenely funny, Louis C.K. insists on telling the truth, whether you like it or not!"
½ August 16, 2013
While not his best work, Louis CK's "Chewed Up" provides his usual ruthless, fearlessly delivered comedy that prods at uncomfortable/sensitive areas, but in a good way.
July 1, 2013
This was one of Louis C.K.'s best performances. And he ends it where he makes the peak! It's absolutely hilarious. His language may be vulgar to some but still, he is awesome.
March 18, 2013
The best standup with the best comic in the history of civilization.
½ February 25, 2013
Louis C.K. is, without a doubt, one of the finest stand-up comedians on the circuit today. He can be best described as a mixture between George Carlin and Richard Pryor. Like them, there's an honesty in his material that makes no apologies, as well as being extremely smart material itself. Chewed Up is one of the first specials of his that I ever saw, and it still holds up extremely well. My only gripe with it is the amount of time he devotes to talking about his married life. It was funny at the time, but on reflection, all comedians tend to do the same kind of material and it kind of sticks out because of that. It shouldn't, because it's really funny, but it does. Oh well. It doesn't ruin it for me but it does put a slight damper on things. Regardless, Chewed Up is both extremely funny and slightly subversive, and is a modern-day classic routine.
January 28, 2013
His treatment of having young children is killer.
½ January 27, 2013
Watching a man apeak about how his life is an out of control mess of self indulgence, hate and insecurity hasn't been this hilarious since the prime years of Woody Allen's career. This was just the beginning to Louis C.K.'s rise to dominance of modern comedy.
January 23, 2013
I couldn't breathe. This is what stand-up comedy should be.
½ January 22, 2013
I laughed a lot. It was funny.
January 9, 2013
Mainly a chauvinistic rant, it's by one of the finest comedians since George Carlin. No, Louis is nowhere near the talent of Mr. Carlin in this special, but he does have an extreme taste for insulting anyone he can come across in this special, more specifically the women. This is a man's man voicing what goes through a lot of the fairer sexes' mind but we won't say it in front of mixed company EVER. This is where the enlightenment and extremely hilarious results come into play to give this a 4/5. The only one star back up is that there are better stand-up routines that he has done and the fact that it's more geared towards young males. Nothing wrong with that. As he said himself, IT'S GREAT TO BE A WHITE MALE in today's society.
October 16, 2012
I think he might grow up to be the next Carlin