Love After Love Reviews

• 3d ago

It was good. Interesting, but very confusing. The characters and relationships were not well developed in the beginning of the film. It was hard to follow what was going on with the supporting characters, or how they ended up being there at all.

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Apr 10, 2019

If Closer had been made by Ingmar Bergman, I guess the result would have been something like this, an adult, soul-crushing family drama about love, death and the effect of time on those who grieve, with an oppressive cinematography that reflects well the characters' emotional state.

• Jan 10, 2019

Watched it recently using boxxy software app. There are some really good scenes of relationship dysfunction here but the occasionally jarring edits between scenes of indeterminate time really undermine a lot of it. The style of the film was not for me, despite its obviously shot on film and gives a lot of space for its actors. Though, this is the type of film that completely relies on the actors' performances. I feel like some of these performances would be more notable if they were given better material to work with.

• Dec 21, 2018

This is a seriously disappointiing movie. Having someone as beautiful as Andie MacDowell is not enough to carry the filim, indeed itis partof the problem. MacDowell playing the role of a mother of two grown men never achieved credibility in the roleand her looks seriouslydiminished the subordinatefemale actors. Grief is a searing, random experience and, while, on occasion, this was adequately presented, too much of the film consisted of inchoate scenes of rage and emotion.Where this was notenough, there were numerous sex scenes which did not adequately convey who was screwing who! I think it is safe to say, if we don'tknow who is screwing who in a film, then the audience is the one being screwed! Avoid this film.

• Dec 19, 2018

I do respect the idea behind the film and the cast was good too but I haven't lost anyone so I really can't relate to grief stages where people do unreasonable stuff and act out. I got very bored to be honest.

• Sep 29, 2018

that was the worst movie I have ever seen.

that was the worst movie I have ever seen.

• Sep 09, 2018

Chris O'Dowd gives an incredible performance as a wholly unlikeable man. Otherwise, buckle up and get ready for disjointed story about a dysfunctional family made only more so by death. It's a carousel you can't dismount. The film doesn't so much end as die.

• Aug 04, 2018

thought I'd like the movie, but struggled to sit through it, hated almost all the characters.In the end I did not even have respect for Suzanne, she raised a couple of imbeciles for sons. These are not people I'd want to spend any time with.

• Jul 25, 2018

Andie MacDowell gives a personal best performance in Love After Love, but doesn't get backed up with a concrete tragic grieving story that feels like its constantly jumping to unexplained behavior from all its characters.

• Jul 25, 2018

I had been looking forward to this movie since I am a fan of both Andie MacDowell & Chris O'Dowd but I was disappointed. There is no discernible plot. The relationships between the three main characters are painful to watch. I suffered through it to the end, but it was boring, boring, boring.