Love and Other Drugs Reviews

Aldo G Super Reviewer
    Jul 08, 2019

The chemistry between pharma salesman Jake Gyllenhaal and Parkinson's patient Anne Hathaway is there. Unfortunately, the script suffers from typical Hollywood-y love stories: predictable, overly manipulative and uninteresting subplot.

• May 07, 2019

Cool depiction of sales life and great character development. Casting also on point. Bit drawn out and bouts of melancholy with romantic dramedy make the mood awkward at times

• May 02, 2019

Comparing my reaction to the general consensus highlights how individual movie opinions can be. The unique, smart dialog between the main couple, and the specific personalities, all resonated intensely with me; major cryfest ensued near the end. There were flaws, certainly, but it was bold, exciting, and different.

• Apr 21, 2019

Cynically funny about the drug industry and a flawed hero, but the outcome is heartwarming and wonderful! Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway do this romcom proud--I loved it!

• Jan 08, 2019

I love my Gabe Macht

I love my Gabe Macht

• Dec 22, 2018

Great movie and enjoyable

Great movie and enjoyable

• Dec 13, 2018

This film surprised me in a good way. From the trailer and the posters to be found in many of the bus shelters of our town it would have been fair to have expected a routine rom-com. The pose struck by the leads Jake Gylenhall & Anne Hathaway on that poster just screamed "knock about rom-com,just like hundreds of others" It isn't though and that was a pleasant and engaging surprise. Jake Gylenhall pulls off the role of super bright but super slacker son Jamie in a high achieving family well and is convincing as a magnetising presence that women find irresistible. The absence of Anne Hathaway's character Maggie in the first segment of the film is the first suggestion that this will not be a routine paint by numbers romance and Maggie's introduction sets the scene for the complex character she successfully portrays. This film covers a lot of ground and both of the leads are engaging and believable. Issues such as serious illness, the workings of the big pharmaceutical companies and their attempts to influence the decision making of medical professionals, the struggle people have to pay for treatment and a believably complex love story are woven in without significant signposting or obvious plot twists. Once again, the two lead actors were excellent and overall this made for an enjoyable and engaging film

• Oct 14, 2018

A chick-flick with a message and a good heart. Yes there are some cringey moments and overacting, but if you can see through this there is a good film beneath.

• Sep 24, 2018

Delightful. In the way life is.

Delightful. In the way life is.

• Feb 03, 2018

(5.0 out of 6) When we know how to sell in such places when we are good at what we do, that people can't help but come in and out happy. When we see in other places we can do whatever when we need to get out of other things unemployed and into employment when selling ourselves is what we do best. When we see such places like selling drugs to only recruit more to come in when those get out profit when what such products do people would want more. When we see being in such places we can just about do anything and anyone when we get in with the boss and get out to the open road. When what places we see others do the competition puts us out to only get in the same way when perks gets us in. When we like to get in on other places to do what we do best put ourselves out there for others to grab the bait. When what place we see we have we make place to only do out the competition of such places for those who want them and put in our product in place for those who want in. When we see that the small ways in on free merchandise don't get us in such places to do something different and pay our way in when we need to sell out to go further and higher places. When other places we venture into we shadow those to do what they do to get as much out of those while we are in. When what we do in such places others catch us to only address us out. When what others put out we take in when such places demands more to do what is right and wrong. When what we do in all sorts of places, we eventually come out with our feeling deep within when the perks with those we want more from. When what we are into others are not when new drugs are in and going places to only go out and do the same. When what places we take those on we see what perks they get out when getting in is easy when your doing the vary thing you want in. When we see what places those are in to not be out for other things when what we are doing is wrong to only feel right. When we see doing somethings different we go to other places when we are exploring another side in what we are into that others get out. When we see such places that everyone is doing it so it must be in to get out what it is meant to do. When what places we are in we see it takes us to high places to do what such places naturally comes out. When what other places we see those in, such places let's out other things in what we are incapable of doing to see a different side come out. When going place to place we see everyone come out in what they want to do to only want more of such things when it takes them to wilder places. When such places we have been we see what such places wants more of to do when what's in and out are drugs. When what other places we don't know what comes out from within are our feelings and symptoms when we can't seem to get a hold of it to know what to do. When being in such places with others we see what goes out and what comes in to do what gets us in with other places. When what places we don't see coming come out are what we keep within and out when there is alot happening in such places that we don't know what we are doing. When what places we are at we see that such places we can either go forward or quit right now to know what we are getting into could be taken away when such places takes out the life out those we love to only remain strong. When we know places to go when we need to find out more about those conditions to do what we can to gets those out from what traps them in. When what places we are in we see higher places that need to get out more break throughs when others are doing others dirty work in selling it. When what places we are no longer in are those out of bound places when what we are doing is trying to get in with those who doesn't want anyone in when such places in hurt to deal with it alone. When we know what we are doing is right when everyone can get moving on to those other places when getting in and out is much easier to deal with then the pressures others must go through. When being in such places the risks and side effects of such place makes us question what we do and what we are into to only get out while we can or go deeper into the unknown. When what places we stores those happier places we captured with those in a happier time to know what others wanted to do when it was to start a family and marry us to only go out and get them. When what places those go they know it's unfair to bring those to such places when it hurts bring those into darker places of need to only know what we get out of such places that others don't get out anything from it to know what we both want to do, make it work.