Love & Savagery - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love & Savagery Reviews

½ January 21, 2014
I liked this. I will admit I watched it for Allan Hawco who sadly sports a bad 70's haircut and is beat up throughout most of the movie. This was also obviously made before he decided to hit the gym ala obligatory shirtless scenes in Republic Of Doyle. Still I enjoyed this bittersweet love story with its small town Irish setting and all its characters. Yes this was a love story and it kept you hanging too, not until the last minute do we know if Michael and Kathleen will get their HEA. Beautiful scenery. 03.13
September 13, 2011
"Love and Crapargy" This film should not have even been made into a MOW, let alone a theatrical. How it made it's way as a theatrical is beyond me. Allan Hawco shows he can't carry a film, and now a crappy television show Republic of Doyle. The only reason they are getting ratings in Canada is because it's the only Newfoundland TV Show, and most people get CBC for free if they tune in. Poor guy should have stuck to something else, Allan Hawco can't act himself out of a wet paper bag if he tried. Smuck so called actor.
April 26, 2011
It was good but...I hated the ending. Such a passionate movie with such a lackluster ending, what a shame....
½ July 18, 2010
Not as good as I hoped it would be but still worth a rent.
March 28, 2010
Excellent film with amazing scenery of the Burren, Ireland.
February 27, 2010
On the one hand, it's difficult for me to understand why someone would feel they need to give up true love to better serve their God. On the other hand, it's easy for me to understand how difficult it is to change course and effect major life changes in response to an unexpected and perhaps dubious new occurrence, when you've already invested so much and gone so far down a given path.