Love at First Bite Reviews

• Jul 15, 2020

Not the least bit funny.

Not the least bit funny.

• Nov 09, 2019

Amusing and likable Dracula spoof for those who like to laugh at their favourite vampire.

• Mar 19, 2019

It really is a three star film but for Hamilton's performance and for nostalgia's sake (this was my first Dracula film) it gets an extra half star. Looks great on Blu-Ray. Good job Shout Factory.

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Aug 12, 2018

Or Dracula Updated and Down In New York. Nobody's buying the old routines and so Drac & Renfield go to disco era Big Apple where they try to fit into the modern vibe. Mostly the deal throughout is hokey, but Arte Johnson and Richard Benjamin do provide some chuckles.

• Feb 16, 2017

Yikes. That was painfully unfunny. The string of corny one-liners that don't land at all are almost cringeworthy. The premise of Dracula wandering around in the 70s is kind of amusing, but was done better by Christopher Lee.

• Apr 20, 2015

It wasn't outstanding. but it did have some funny moments.

It wasn't outstanding. but it did have some funny moments.

• Mar 07, 2015

Love at First Bite was released in 1979 and stars George Hamilton as the infamous Dracula. The movie didn't do well when it was originally released, but it garnered enough of a fan base from folks who grew up watching it on cable in the 80's. If there's one thing you can say about George Hamilton it's that the guy was charming, and he didn't mind being silly from time to time. He's pretty much the entire reason to see this movie in the first place. While I'm quite fond of his dual performances from Zorro The Gay Blade (and in general, a fan of the movie itself), this one doesn't seem to have quite the same... well, bite. It's certainly not one of the funniest movies ever made, nor is it one of the funniest spoofs ever made. It's generally inoffensive but it doesn't come packed with laughter either. I'm sure that the people who grew up with the movie (I'm not one of them) find it a lot funnier than I do, but that being said, I still found some nice jokes in there from time to time. There's unfortunately a bit too much in of Susan St. James, who just isn't appealing to me at all.

• Dec 20, 2014

Good, but not great. Arte Johnson was wonderful!

Good, but not great. Arte Johnson was wonderful!

• Oct 04, 2014

More inventive and actually funnier than Brooks' offering, Dragoti's Dracula parody is full of zany little gems, even if it does a take a while to really get going.

• Sep 21, 2014

Dracula Does Disco and Arte Johnson steals every scene as Renfield. A great ensemble cast with George Hamilton and a long list of cameos from stars of the era. The only thing that sparkles is the mirror ball during the dance scenes. A lost almost classic.