Love At The Christmas Table - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love At The Christmas Table Reviews

November 27, 2015
The dialogue for this movie is better than any romance movie I've ever seen. It's witty while still having a natural amount of profanity and innuendo. It's insightful, especially a conversation about Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. It's realistic and gender-neutral; not mired by traditional gender roles or stereotypes. This is how real couples express their anger. This is how real couples joke around. This is how real couples have brief moments of true insight before changing the subject to something more light-hearted so as to not think about the uncertain future. This is truly a realistic and romantic movie, and you can see yourself in the characters.
November 25, 2015
Cute Romantic Christmas movie, that was enjoyable and left the warm fuzzies.
½ December 24, 2014
Sucker for Rom-Com movies with a plot like this. Even though vaguely remember seeing this last year, glad I don't remember most of it & was able to enjoy watching it as though it was my first time.
November 29, 2013
Loved it. So adorable and wasnt all mushy which was great!
½ November 13, 2013
Cute Christmas rom-com
January 6, 2013
Best Movie I've seen in a long time!
December 30, 2012
Really enjoyed this relationship dynamic...not just with Kat and Sam but also E.B. Lea Thompson is such a great actress. Her tear-jerking love story of the one that got away was classic. Kat and Sam's fears and insecurities brought about such a relateable romance. Their argument was so raw and about the things that were true for them as only they who see each other so well would know and criticize. That is what made me really fall for the movie and want to watch it again as I missed a bit of the beginning the first time. Really great movie and what a twist on the ending! Loved the dance scene. They were so adorable together!
December 28, 2012
Loved the movie and I can't wait to get it on dvd when it does
December 25, 2012
This movie is hard to get into, and stay into. I found myself seeking distraction. The characters were difficult to associate with, and their relationship is so disgustingly dysfunctional that the man's first failed proposal attempt was him yelling outside of her window, trying to break down her door, and berating her for not living a life outside of the protective bubble of her father, and telling her that she's doomed to lay buried next to her mother in the cemetery while she cried and hung up the phone. The entire movie is filled with childish spats like this, including the scene where they have a fight about not knowing much about eachother's careers. She yelled at him for being surprised she's a woodworker while he yelled at her for not knowing which (of 4) newspapers he has worked for or what he even writes. Even my high school relationships had better drama than this, and I don't feel invested in their story at all.