Love at Twenty Reviews

• Apr 08, 2012

THESE COMMENTS REFER ONLY TO THE STORY 'ANTOINE AND COLLETTE'... A short feature taken from the film 'Love at Twenty' (1962), this might not be fully captivating, but director Jean-Paul Leaud's brilliant work on and off the camera (he plays Antoine beautifully) makes up for the uninvolving screenplay.

• Jan 07, 2012

Antoine and Collette is totally brill.

Antoine and Collette is totally brill.

• Jun 20, 2010

Uno dei più lievi e raffinati Truffaut e un suggestivo e incisivo Wajda sopra tutti.. seguono per bravura il tedesco Ophuls con un episodio piuttosto datato, il giapponese Ishihara con un topos dell'amore nel cinema orientale e il pessimo Renzo Rossellini: stucchevole e rozzo.

• Jan 23, 2009

It seems as if everyone commenting is ignoring the fact that there are 5 stories to this film, not just Truffaut's... They are quite uneven, but Rosselini's part from Rome is magnificent. The young girl and the experienced woman... How experience will change the way you see love and what it is.

• Sep 27, 2008

antoine and colette. you should probably see it before going on to the rest of the doinel series, and even though it was one of truffauts favorites, it felt a bit uninspired. there were some good things about it but overall it felt like a tv show. which its actually about the length of. i say watch it but move quickly onto stolen kisses and the bed and board which were the most fun to watch.

• Jul 13, 2008

I really enjoyed Antoine et Colette. After seeing 400 Blows, I became fascinated with the Antoine character, and this is a great segue into the next Antoine movie.

• Jun 16, 2008

Antoine and Collette section -- a bittersweet love story. Very touching and funny.

• Feb 11, 2008

I've only seen "Antoine et Colette" by François Truffaut, which apparently is the only one easily available. And, well, it's a nice short, it's lovely; I have a crush on Jean-Pierre Léaud so I'm prejudiced, but that's Ok. It's not that interesting except if you follow the life of Antoine Donel; otherwise it's just a little, cute vignette about a boy who fought to live on his own, falling for a girl who also wants freedom but isn't as trapped at home as he was. It's cute. You can find it on YouTube.

• Feb 09, 2008

Only saw Antoine et Colette segment. It's a nice bridge between The 400 Blows and Stolen Kisses.

• Jan 09, 2008

for a short, antoine et colette was a lovely surprise.

for a short, antoine et colette was a lovely surprise.