Love Bites (Love Bites: The Reluctant Vampire ) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love Bites (Love Bites: The Reluctant Vampire ) Reviews

April 2, 2017
Respectable little comic supernatural romance. Adam Ant plays an ancient vampire who wakes up in the apartment of gorgeous 90s gal, Kimberly Foster, who looked really familiar and I eventually realized played Cookie Cambell in "One Crazy Summer." The story of Ant trying to become human again with help of Foster is only okay, but the two are a charming couple and that's enough to carry the so-so storyline. The dramatic conflict of the film is when Michelle Forbes, another vampire, shows up and throws a monkey wrench into their plan. Besides likable leads, I did enjoy the musical montage scene where Foster vacuums and mops Ant's dusty crypt and little bits here and there that were fun. Writer/Director Malcolm Marmorstein has some interesting credits in his filmography. He was the writer of the original "Pete's Dragon," which I loved as a kid, and he also wrote almost 80 episodes of the classic vampire soap opera "Dark Shadows." Overall, this isn't anything to go out of your way to watch, but it's not all that bad either and does have some likable characters, which is more than you get from a lot of films.
October 19, 2015
A charming little gem.
November 26, 2014
A quirky vampiric love horror comedy, it's a great film with horrible acting. But tons of fun to watch.
April 28, 2012
Adam Ant as a vampire...fun!
½ May 9, 2010
I'm being completely partial on this one.
I mean, everything that Adam Ant does I find it cute, adorable and funny. So off course I would like this one.

Though, I know that the film's quality is bad. The sets were terrible, I've seen better interpretations, and well, the story could be better (specially at the final).
But, it's ADAM ANT! xD
April 12, 2010
i haven't actually watched this film, but i've seen bits of it and it looks really good... and it has Adam Ant as the main part, so it's in my favourite films anyway :)