Love Don't Cost a Thing - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love Don't Cost a Thing Reviews

December 22, 2015
Stupid & ignorant. Horrible acting and stupid story line.
July 20, 2015
I love it at is amazing
February 19, 2015
load a little faster
August 15, 2014
Lame and barely funny.
March 24, 2014
this is my favorite movie from nick cannon
December 26, 2013
My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup.
September 29, 2013
Not bad, wasn't great, fun to see Nick Cannon before AGT made him a superstar. Plus, you get the greatness of Steve Harvey! Could of been better, but watchable!
July 6, 2013
lol
Kskskskskskwmsksms,is,w,smskksksks,as,
½ December 29, 2012
To me it was a crappy remake of Can't Buy Me Love staring Grey's Anatomy Patrick Dempsey. It did have it's funny moments but overall it stinks.
December 28, 2012
If only I were a black teenager in love during the 1980's.
December 7, 2012
Romantic coming-of age comedy. Not really anything special.
November 12, 2012
THis is kind of a naughty movie
November 7, 2012
GOOD MOVIE!, Romantic Teen Comedy.
½ October 31, 2012
But a movie ticket does, and it's not worth $8 to see.
½ October 2, 2012
LIKE THIS MOVIE Because it is so funny.
½ September 22, 2012
Pretty good for what it is. Its a teen romance with laughs here and there.
September 21, 2012
This movie doesn't cost a thing
½ July 29, 2012
What happens if you make a movie and you put horrible actors in it and give the movie the most unoriginal storyline, that's right you get this movie Love Don't Cost A Thing. This movie is a remake of an old 80's movie called Can't Buy Me Love and that movie itself wasn't even that good, so I guess remaking it sounds like a good idea......... Yeah! It totally wasn't because this movie sucks the big one. This movie is actually way worse than the original 80's version and this movie actually took jokes from the 80's version and put them in this movie and that right there makes no sense because those jokes weren't funny in the 80's so what makes them think the jokes would be funny now. But that didn't bother me as much as the story did, like come on both of the stories are almost the same only with a few minor changes. But come on this movie could have changed something, oh right they did they put Nick Cannon and Christina Milian as the main characters. I have to say this but Nick Cannon cannot act and he's easily one of the most unfunniest people in movies. Christina Milian on the other hand is a great singer, but her acting is not so good, she's not terrible but at the same time she's not very good. Now as for the side characters in this movie I will not at all talk about them because there all a complete joke, they think there acting in this movie but really all there doing is just pissing people off. I really don't want to get to much into this movie because honestly this movie has so many stupid scenes and so many horrible jokes that I could go on all day just making fun of them, but I'm not going to do that I'm just going to say this movie is really bad and if anyone actually likes this movie they have no taste film whatsoever. So please do not ever watch this movie because it's just so damn bad that it's not meant to be watched.
July 1, 2012
Bad bad bad remake of "Can't Buy Me Love". Nick Cannon has a certain charisma and I get why he's famous. But I also get why he isn't a leading man in films anywhere. His act is much better suited for TV.

Milan wasn't half bad. Guess she had a short run too. Watch it if you are a fan of the 80's version so you can see the similarities and subsequent failures.
½ May 16, 2012
I can like anything with Christina Milian in it!