Love Finds a Home - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love Finds a Home Reviews

½ November 24, 2015
8. The story of Belinda & Annie: All about the pregnancy.

The eighth installment in the Hallmark's 'Love Comes Softly' movie series based on the book of the same name by Jannete Oke. In a sense it is the final movie, because the story won't move further towards the future in the next film. Everything halts here, only the timeline shifts prior to the first film in the remaining series. That's what I have heard, the rest of the films in the series are the prequels. Kind of interesting, but now let us talk about this film.

Now the Lillian is a teenager who is helping her mother in the clinic, though she's not the centre of the story. Like in all the previous films, an admirer for her flash-ins from nowhere. So there is a young romance after all, but in other side of the narration a moral fight is set between the mother-in-law of Annie and Belinda. Yes, Haylie Duff has returned as Annie as I was wanted and she's pregnant. As usual how the story takes up the shape and ends is the remaining part.

"I learned something today
that they did not teach me in medical school"

There's a line 'our children grow up, start to spreading wings'. That should have been in the previous film, but makes sense in a way for this story. That concerns the father's over protective on the Lillian case which leads a small quarrel. Surprisingly, there are no deaths like the first time ever, instead ready to welcome a new member in the family. But a little saddens about Belinda's side of the narration, whether her wish is granted or not is remains mystery. It should have been puzzled out here itself or one more film for that would have been nice, and also where Lillian takes full control in the series.

That means, it's never going to end, but keeps going. So I'm happy the one way or the other they finished it off. And another reason is the author haven't written anymore book in the series. I have heard who read the books said the movie versions are different and it was shrunk to the half of what the book is but still worth to have a peek. Then you know there's always some people who don't like comparing the book they have loved with the movie adapted from it. I haven't read a single 'Love Comes Softly' book, but watched all the films and enjoyed them.

Western is the least watched by me from all the genre. In that, western-dramas are very rare for me. Refreshing from the guns and horses, cops versus thieves, trains, heist, bounty hunters and the Indians. Here it ended with a good message in a calm and simple way. Especially the pregnancy and childbirth were the core topic, how those were handled at those times was demonstrated somewhat incredibly for a television movie. I think that's it from this space for now, so then let us meet with the prequels.

7/10
December 11, 2013
This series is so good for kids. We enjoyed it immensely.
March 9, 2013
Really Awesome Movie, I have seen almost the whole series and it is really good. Thinking about buying the series.
March 4, 2011
Completely different than the book series. Not to mention the actors have changed considerably though out the series. Nevertheless, I loved the movie.
December 12, 2010
The coverjacket of this film is not of the main actress, but of her friend the lady doctor who is pregnant and visiting her in Sikeston, Mo.

Babies, babies and more delivering of babies.

Dr. Belinda also gets no respect as usual, but she also gives
no respect to a 30 year experienced mid-wife who knows what she is talking about in birth caring.

Slow and most awkwardly acted, second only to a high school play, this film is well shot, at least it has that going for it.

PS: where was Patty Duke in this film?

Genre Christian drama
Directed by David S. Cass, Sr.
Produced by Kyle A. Clark
Stephen Niver

Written by Donald Davenport (teleplay)
Janette Oke (wrote the novel)

Starring
Haylie Duff
Patty Duke
Sarah Jones
Jordan Bridges
Courtney Halverson

Original channel Hallmark Channel
May 10, 2010
This is the eighth entry in the Love Comes Softly film series, and the seventh one that should not have been made. The are so poorly produced and have a complete lack of anything resembling period detail, this one is no exception. I wasn?t aware women had their hair frosted in the 1800?s. The score is repetitive and so mundane, the acting below average and the art direction is obvious and very phony looking. The story is predictable and the attempts at humor are lame.
May 10, 2010
46/100. This is the eighth entry in the Love Comes Softly film series, and the seventh one that should not have been made. The are so poorly produced and have a complete lack of anything resembling period detail, this one is no exception. I wasn't aware women had their hair frosted in the 1800's. The score is repetitive and so mundane, the acting below average and the art direction is obvious and very phony looking. The story is predictable and the attempts at humor are lame.
March 23, 2010
Belinda Simpson can't get pregnant and is a little bit jealous of her friend Annie Nelson that is pregnant with her first child....Follows the romance of her adopted daughter Lillian as well
½ January 6, 2010
I loved this film - and I am a big fan of the entire series.

God seemed to have brought this movie to my wife and I at a time when we are facing much the same struggle as the characters of Belinda and Lee go through in the story. It was very encouraging and inspiring to us!

Highly recommended!
January 2, 2010
I thought it was alright.
½ November 22, 2009
The final movie in the series, with a lot more excitement, and some wonderful new comers such as Annie's high spirited mother in law Mary, played by none other than Patty Duke and Belinda's adopted daughter, Lillian played by the talented and beautiful Courtney Halverson. With drama around every corner, a lot of love and even more faith this film is one heck of a way to end a series. Well worth watching.
September 9, 2009
i have the whole saga but this one and im going to get it soon i love these movies
July 15, 2009
haha. unsa nih? :))))
May 24, 2009
Once again nothing to do with the story lines in the actual books but as its own story really good, and as a continuation of the plot developed by the movie series also really good.
May 22, 2009
another great heartwarming show
May 3, 2009
i love this movie series, but its getting more and more predictable. i cant wait to see the next one.
½ May 3, 2009
great move .blow me away seriously