The Love God? - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Love God? Reviews

April 15, 2014
The Love God? is hardly Knott's best vehicle, and in that sense is probably pretty unknown to most. But, it has a quirk and a charm that almost makes you like it.
February 27, 2013
Probably Don Knott's funniest movie! It's just so abnormal and so akward it just works!
January 7, 2013
I wouldn't say this is a great Don Knotts film but a good Don Knotts film.
October 1, 2012
Trevlig men lite väl 50-talig komedi med den sexuella revolutionen som tema. Lite småkul ibland och bra minspel av Don Knotts
½ September 10, 2010
THE LOVE GOD? (1969)
July 8, 2010
Another Don Knotts vehicle with more than a dash of influence on Austin Powers; great omn-the-town montages & costumes . . .
April 14, 2010
Having seen this many years ago, can't exactly remember what it was really all about. It failed to impress me however and as a testimony I can't remember much about it.

Don Knotts, a peculiar stage name, carries his Mayberry personna to the big screen several times. In this one, he is portrayed as a Love God rather saracasticly, of course. Thats the comedy of it all. While not a thinking man's comedy, there are some incidental features of the film you should watch.

Primarily, this film captures the era so very well. At least, the era of the sixties we THINK happened. Psychodelia happened everywhere but where I lived. It actually was a Hollywood construct. Haight-Ashbury in San Francisco might be the only place psycodelia actually existed as a lifestyle.

Would suggest all my RT friends and wannabes to find this film and comment. Not for the humor, but for the setting.

Interesting look into an era as strange as it was captivating.
September 26, 2009
"No one else could be so groovy."
½ April 28, 2009
poor don knotts, always getting himself into these crazy situations and silly shenanigans. oh what's this? that's the formula for his movies? ok, that makes sense. really funny old movie by the way, to get to the point

there's too many ostridges. the brochure said there'd only be a few ostridges. this is a terrible vacation
February 4, 2009
A satire on Hugh Hefner... starring Don Knotts!!! What's not to love about it?? Made in 19-SIXTY-NINE of course!
January 16, 2009
I was a little uncomfortable with watching Don Knotts in such a "grown-up" comedy. He's usually good in the family movies. It was an alright, but relatively forgettable movie.
½ November 23, 2008
Very funny. Although made in the 1960's it feels very modern and fresh. I would go as far to say that it feels like it was made today to mimic and parody the 60's. An amazing cast and a very quick humoured script. Don Knotts is a genius.
½ August 27, 2008
Don Knotts surely is the king of comedy and this film proves it! As landlord Mr Furley in 'Three's Company' the character always imagined himself as a ladies man. This film shows it as reality. The bit where he dances while girls sing about him is comic gold!
June 28, 2008
March 6, 2008
Saw like half of it. GROSS!
January 7, 2008
So funny! Don Knotts is a stud!
½ January 5, 2008
It is quite strange how edgy they want to be as well as being family friendly and politically correct for the time. It goes from being funny to awkward a few times
½ January 5, 2008
December 19, 2007
Don Knott's & the sex industry. There must have been some heavy smoking going on the day that decision was made to have Don Knott's as the lead. It was a good decision.