Love in a Cold Climate - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love in a Cold Climate Reviews

½ December 20, 2012
Overall a good production of a fairly shallow, insubstantial British family based on a novels by Nancy Mitford. I read the novels several years ago, and believe the two BBC productions of them are fairly faithful, and I have the same objections to all of them: the characters strike me as juvenile, spoiled, and fairly empty. I never believe in Linda Radlett's character, and never understand why Fanny admires her.
Polly's character is incomprehensible, and many of the other characters are in varying degrees repugnant. One problem with this version is that Linda's character is played by an actress who is not beautiful enough for the part--serious miscasting, in that Linda herself seems admirable chiefly for her great beauty, coupled with a naive understanding of love. The role required a stunningly beautiful
actress.
May 13, 2012
was ok period flick, nothing special
½ March 12, 2011
Wasn't bad, I just can't get into the British aristocracy stuff. I didn't know Mike Ditka was an actor, and he was spot on with the accent.
April 29, 2010
was ok period flick, nothing special
jjnxn
February 27, 2010
Starts slow but gets better as it goes along helped along by a fine cast of actors.
January 29, 2010
Another excellent period drama of love and war based around the vitues of family life, some sad scenes.
½ December 13, 2008
I've not read the book or seen the longer version, but I did enjoy this version. Part 2 was better than part 1. Cedric was hysterical (and somehow reminds me of Bev Koopman). Fanny also reminds me of someone (perhaps Sarah Gee??)