Love in the Time of Money - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love in the Time of Money Reviews

Harlequin68
August 18, 2015
"Love in the Time of Money" is not the first updating of "La Ronde" to the present day in New York City and it probably won't be the last, either. This particular group of linked encounters starts with Greta(Vera Farmiga) on her first night as a prostitute and hopefully her last, considering how badly her meeting with her first customer, Eddie(Domenick Lombardozzi, with hair), goes. After which, Eddie goes back to his job as a plumber and uptown where he does some work for Ellen(Jill Hennessy).

Overall, "Love in the Time of Money" is inconsistent, with a couple of cheap shots at the modern art world. The best part features Steve Buscemi and Rosario Dawson which is a combination that should not click in any possible universe. But here they have a spark between them which goes down to their skill as actors. On the minus side, any segment involving Adrian Grenier is dead on arrival.
February 1, 2013
I think is a nice compilation of stories, however, there is no humor in any of them, so we get a bunch of self centered, depressed characters.
February 3, 2012
Waste of time. Uncomfortable moment after moment. You want something to happen and it doesn't ever. All conflicts stop short of full blown conflicts until someone the end. (almost gave it away). It was also unrealistic/unbelievable. The only reason I gave it a chance was the cast. The movie put me in a major funk for the rest of the day.
July 10, 2011
A decent low budget Indie. Any movie that shows Rosario Dawson undressing can't be bad. I like how NYC is also a character. Good script. Good acting. Our lives are contingent.
April 16, 2011
good look at 90's NYC which almost like another character in this book.
½ February 4, 2010
Just a bunch of weird people having sexual problems in their relationships.
½ June 2, 2009
kind of pointless jumble of affairs. a little too "indie" for me
September 1, 2008
I have loved the the circleness implied...
January 24, 2008
i loved this movie. it''s kinda disjointed like crash and babel
May 24, 2007
interesting character study showing how we are all connected in some way.
March 11, 2007
Why all script writers and directos going for the same type of story telling?