Love, Ludlow - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love, Ludlow Reviews

½ May 15, 2011
Well intentioned small movie. I liked it rather than loved it, have to admit to a bit of boredom mid way through and distraction, but by the end it had sucked me in again.
Myra (Alicia Goranson) is a spiky 22 year old who lives with her brother, Ludlow, who appears to be autistic or has some other mental problem. Their mother committed suicide many years back, and the father does not seem to be on the scene.
When Reggie, a guy from the office she works in asks her out, Ludlow becomes jealous and unreasonable.
It is a very small film, as previously stated, but I did like it, and though the strangeness of all the characters took some getting used to, it's quirks did grow on me. My main reason for purchasing this one was to see Alicia Goranson - she was my favourite "Becky" on Roseanne, and I was interested to see her do another character. I can't say she is the most convincing actress in all honesty, but there is something about her.
The DVD itself was a crashing disappointment - rarely have I seen such a poor transfer - it is grainy and the picture flicks dark then bright. Not a help in appreciating this movie, I have to say.
September 16, 2010
A sweet and tender love story that brings two unlikely loners together in a way that feels natural, not forced in any way. As one character says, "We've had one kiss and two fights." Myra (Alicia Grayson) is a cute, feisty New Yorker, working as a temp at a nebulous office, who has primary care responsibilities for her mentally ill brother, Ludlow (Brendan Sexton III). David Eigenberg (who played Steve on Sex and the City) plays to type as Reggie, a mousy junior executive who takes an interest in Myra and gets relationship advice from a buffoon, Storkelson (Jay Patterson). The laughs are pretty low key, and there are times when Ludlow's antics seem overly childish and staged, but the way these two characters feel each other out, and dodge and feint, and the obstacles they have to overcome make the viewer feel invested in seeing them find happiness together and serve to overcome any of these minor quibbles.
February 14, 2010
Muffled conversations for like 86 minutes.
½ October 28, 2008
Odd little film. The brother seems to over-act. I did sleep through part of the middle of it, so perhaps I missed some good parts.
½ September 1, 2008
Mmmm... I was excited to see Alicia Goranson in something new. The whole story was just a bit over the top.
½ August 10, 2008
Very corky, with a great simple little story (:
August 9, 2008
Very original movie. It kept my attention and felt very real. Very interesting characters and great acting! A good look at how one person's mental illness affects the whole family. Overall I wouldn't say it's one of my favorite movies but it was very enjoyable.
½ May 27, 2008
Reminded me of Benny and Joon but more funny and realistic. Reggie cracked me up because he was a very quiet and awkward guy that really liked the really mean girl. But everything changes when he meets Ludlow... great fast pace plot that will leave you wanting to know what happens next!
½ May 27, 2008
April 19, 2008
This blew me away! I think it was a great film about messed up family over coming all odds
½ April 4, 2008
GREAT!
funny dramatic everything
brendan sexton as ludlow was rad, and myra and reggie were perfect
very hopeful at the end
February 19, 2008
wonderful acting, nice subject, brendan sexton is awesome!, also Alicia Goranson. I really felt what Myra was getting through; stuck between responsibility of her odd brother, and her own life and needs. Loved it!
January 30, 2008
Odd movie, but very good.
January 27, 2008
Quirky and heartwarming, this comedy centers around fiery Myra, whose new relationship with a co-worker angers her eccentric and unstable brother Ludlow. This film is no huge artistic feat, but makes for an enjoyable viewing experience all the same.
½ January 23, 2008
This was clearly a play first. It had some great lines and themes, but teh flow was off. Nice to see Becky from Roseann and Steve from Sex and the City again!
½ January 23, 2008
Charming and incredibly well written! A+!
January 21, 2008
Watched this last evening, Sunday, January 20th....a very good description of the human condition.
January 20, 2008
Kinda like Benny and Joon except more realistic and funny. Brendan Sexton III is wonderful as an eccentric bi-polar brother of hardworking Myra. I don't know if it's one of my favorites but I liked it a lot
iLeo
January 7, 2008
Interesting movie, very touching!
December 19, 2007
a great film. it made me laugh, cry, think, and smile.