Love Me if You Dare - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love Me if You Dare Reviews

July 3, 2016
Interesting to watch the 2 actors falling in love, knowing that they're now married with children...but the movie itself had to have been written by someone who was tripping HARD on acid! Prepare for a twisted ride...
March 31, 2016
A French romcom which tries desperately to be whimsical, and fails miserably.
September 12, 2015
Quirky, demented, impulsive, Marion Cotillard at her prettiest and Le Vie en Rose constantly playing in the background to complete this dreamy love story. Definitely worth a watch. The editing could have been crispier though.
½ August 29, 2015
Given how much I enjoyed this film, I was a little surprised by the derision from some other viewers. It seems many are mostly off-put by the selfishness and immaturity of the lead characters. Fair enough. I guess for me the likeability of the characters weighs little on how watchable they are, and although I can agree that I'd never want to meet these people in real life, I still felt it was entertaining to watch the various misadventures they get into. True, you don't exactly root for them, but why do you need to?
I also found the film's approach to be creative and visually pleasing to watch, and Cotillard and Canet have brilliant chemistry, which certainly helps. Overall, I'd happily watch this again. But I guess if you need your romantic leads to be likeable or are expecting an appropriate moral message, perhaps steer clear.
June 22, 2015
Best ending I've ever seen in a chick flick... if you can call this a chick flick...
½ March 18, 2015
I loved this movie! This genre is not for everyone, and there are distinct differences between the expectations of European and North American cinema. Yes, there were jaw-dropping moments of cruelty and audacity, but you can sympathize with the characters and understand the meaning of the dares and their roles in others lives when you remember the roots of their dysfunction. Julien is afraid of intimacy because he lost the first woman he ever loved, his mother. Sophie became hardened as a defense mechanism to cope with living in the immigrant ghetto and because the boy she wanted to love her was too immature and protective of himself to reciprocate. The library scene indicated that he wanted a true love relationship, but he was minutes too late to act on his change of heart. Julien gave up a relationship with his father to hold on to whatever he had with Sophie. Ultimately, the final scenes when they were in their 30's brings everything together and they're both ready for the same thing, even if it only lasts a few hours. What do you expect from two messed up people who understood each other on a very deep level, whether it was healthy or not? The craziness kept their spirits alive.
½ February 28, 2015
A fast paced & contemporary film about two very unorthodox couple that has unique relationship based on dares.

Marion Collitard is sensational in a role that I believe got her a lot of US Attention.

It's has a distinct visual style & charm & it's undoubtedly like able. The ending leaves you with mixed opinions but the film is entertaining through out.
½ February 13, 2015
This film is nuts but it's fun and sad at the same time.
½ January 10, 2015
Simply amazing!! Tragedy at its best.
January 4, 2015
This film hits all the wrong notes for me. It is frustrating and unbelievable. While the intention to do something different in the romance genre is commentable,the movie itself isn't. Main characters' acts/dares are often hurtful and selfish not only for themselves but also for the others around. Not the kind of true love story we need.
December 16, 2014
Just loved this movie.
½ December 2, 2014
This French movie has a fascinating concept and it's one of Marion Cotillard's earlier roles. Those are the two big things it's got going for it along with some cool stuff happening visually, and a really natural chemistry between the two leads, Cotillard and Guillaume Canet. (Who ended up dating a few years later and are still together I might add). But for some reason, this movie just kind of rubbed me the wrong way. It mostly was because of the rules of their game. They just kept doing these awful things to each other and then they started dragging other people into it unwillingly. It's like the two characters were meant for each other because they weren't good people. I don't know. I would be interested to hear other people's thoughts on this one.
October 19, 2014
francuski bolesniki jedni... korejci su za vas skroz normalni...
½ September 20, 2014
Bu filme 44% verirseniz, ta$ olursunuz ta$!!
August 18, 2014
Loved this movie and Marion Cotillard
August 16, 2014
it's beautifully sick movie.
July 23, 2014
The line between a love comedy and a love tragedy, is completely blurred.
½ June 19, 2014
Just watch the first half
April 17, 2014
The French cinema sucks donkey @$$!!
½ February 7, 2014
One hour and a half of nonsense french-ish cliches terribly assembled, with a bunch of stereotyped characters without any psychological depth with zero empathy. There is surely better, i hardly think there's worse.