Love Me if You Dare - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love Me if You Dare Reviews

½ February 7, 2014
The cutest love story ever
½ January 16, 2014
Interesting visually, but the story is just a bit too much--the characters just aren't
my cup of tea--too sadistic to be really funny.
January 2, 2014
A nice film really well shot, holding an incredibly rich cinematography and a screen couple that has an obvious great chemistry. Interesting to watch.
½ December 16, 2013
This was one of the first foreign films that I ever watched. After this movie I was hooked! I loved the fun and playfulness of the movie, I laughed throughout (once I got use to reading the movie, and started actually enjoying it). The very un-American way in which they portrayed relationships and love, was an interesting treat. My husband hates foreign films, but he actually enjoyed this one I caught him laughing multiple times. He even said that the subtitles didn't bother him (that is after awhile), and normally he is complaining so much that the movie becomes unenjoyable.
December 3, 2013
Artsy fartsy French film...never could get into this kind too much.
DrStrangeblog
½ June 21, 2013
The French title Jeux d'Enfants actually translates to Children's Games. The English title is fairly clever since dares make up the main attraction between Julien and Sophie, from children through adulthood. What began as playful becomes progressively hurtful leading up to a rather ridiculous (or I suppose incredibly romantic, depending on your POV) final dare. This is a very twisted love story which starts out great with terrific fanciful visuals from director Yann Samuell reminiscent of Jeunet, but fails to sustain its premise in part because these two characters as adults aren't particularly likable. I think this could have worked, as Sophie and Julien only find real thrills in life when they are challenging each other, but emerges as a mixed bag.
½ May 27, 2013
An entertaining romantic comedy or black comedy about people who aren't real and far from reality that's why you might find it difficult to sympathize with them, but definitely worth watching .
½ May 14, 2013
A little weird at times, but a very funny French comedy.
May 11, 2013
;) bout to enjoy this movie w my love ;)
½ May 7, 2013
The most pure pure love story in my eyes
½ April 12, 2013
I was expecting something magical in this movie but all I got was a bunch of nonsense. There is something seriously wrong with whoever created it. "part romantic comedy and part black comedy", full on creepy. Wish I never saw it. =/
½ April 5, 2013
quirky, romatic, drama, comedy. just love this film and the 2 leads! whole lots of chemistry in it! just found out that they're actually dating in real-life, no wonder....^^
best scene? the ending. i wont spoil it, but it's memorable..^^
the ost is a killer also. french really upholds their cinematic reputation!
March 31, 2013
Don't hate on the idea, it's just missing something overall and the characters are hard to like. Marion in her early years deserves a star.
½ March 23, 2013
What a lovely and horrible couple!
March 17, 2013
After seeing the french version, i think the english one don't really translate the whole idea of the movie . Anyway juvenile? childish? Yes it's the point of the movie, jeux d'enfants means childhood games. Most of the people don't understand that it's another culture, less conservative and prude, less ruled by codes, so is love too. For the french love is passion, desir and pain : it's neither perfect nor suitable. For them the idea of love is based on freedom, and even the concept of properly dating doesn't seem to exist. Get over it or don't watch it, but for a romantic movie, it's good and on the contrary of hollyood it's not so stereotyped (and sexist).
½ February 28, 2013
Scratch, scratched, hurt, hurt, ...
February 24, 2013
It's one of those movies that I'll probably really enjoy once I see it.
½ February 24, 2013
Not only is every scene between mother and son hideously corny and sentimental, but it is almost impossible to put up with two sociopaths so utterly immature, disgusting and loathsome amid conflicts that are all childish, irritating and artificial.
February 24, 2013
First French movie I've ever seen in high school. At the time this movie hit me real hard emotionally but the humor and surreal moments were amazing. Great movie. Romantically, too good.
½ February 22, 2013
So different from Hollywood movies.