Love Me Or Leave Me Reviews

• Diane H
    Jun 30, 2019

Great. Love Doris Day. Songs were great.

Great. Love Doris Day. Songs were great.

• Feb 01, 2019

The best musical romance movie ever made! With the best movie song ever sung: Ten Cents a Dance!

• Jul 12, 2017

Cagey in a color movie and with Doris Day. She uses him to get to the top.

Cagey in a color movie and with Doris Day. She uses him to get to the top.

• May 28, 2014

One of my all time favorite movies. Doris Day was fantastic, the songs were beautiful. Only an actor of James Cagney's caliber could pull off this role. He plays a vile man but makes you feel sorry for him. Fantastic movie to watch over and over.

• Mar 03, 2014

Entertaining. Great performance by Mr. Cagney. Great music.

Entertaining. Great performance by Mr. Cagney. Great music.

John B Super Reviewer
    Dec 11, 2013

Not bad, not bad. This film is certainly helped by Jimmy Cagney late in his career. I've never been a huge fan of Doris Day's acting abilities but she does okay here. Familiar soundtrack as well.

• Oct 02, 2013

Day and Cagney are fantastic.

Day and Cagney are fantastic.

• Jul 13, 2013

An edgy not so cutesy mid 50's musical staring the unlikely duo James Cagney & Doris Day. Although all the actors had major input on the script yet all the characters aren't that likeable but I guess realistic. James Cagney was his usual intense agro self & and this film focuses on the tensions behind the scenes between Cagney (The Manager & Doris Day (The Singer) A beautifully shot CinemaScope film that is interesting but a little drab overall...

• Jan 25, 2013

I was surprised by the amount of honesty portrayed during the course of this movie. I am used to James Cagney playing a villain, but it was interesting to see Doris Day play someone less than noble. And even Cagney did a good job of playing his character somewhat ambiguously. You even felt sorry for him at times for the situation he had constructed for himself. And Doris Day had a lovely voice.

• Nov 21, 2012

Saw it on Wednesday the 21st November 2012, TV movie on Film 4. Really became a memorable film for me to watch, I'd never heard of the career of Ruth Etting, but I'll remember it. Echoes real talent having added a star considered for an oscar in this case.