Love My Life (2003)

TOMATOMETER

——

——

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Love My Life Photos

Movie Info

Based on the josei manga by Ebine Yamaji, this feature film adaptation of the comic tells the story of Ichiko, a light hearted college student who, much to her own surprise, falls in love with Eri, a fellow female student. Ichiko can't wait to share her burgeoning relationship with her family, but she's in for a rude awakening when her parents' own secrets soon prove that gay romance isn't as readily accepted in society as it is in her own heart. ~ Cammila Collar, Rovi
Rating:

Cast

Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for Love My Life

All Critics (1)

There's little doubt that Love My Life's few positive attributes are ultimately rendered moot by Hiroko Kanasugi's aggressively uneventful screenplay...

Full Review… | May 17, 2008
Reel Film Reviews

Audience Reviews for Love My Life

½

This is pretty much the Japanese version of "The Incredibly True Stories of Two Girls in Love," and, like its (close-enough) American counterpart, it's on the dumb and plotless side. Cute and charming, which redeems its viewabilty, but still lacking a strong plot.

Mariana Arevalo
Mariana Arevalo

I am such a sucker for movies like this. seriously, no idea if it was "good" or not, but I thought it was pretty great. beautiful japanese women coming to grips with their lesbianism in a standard romcom kind of way - good stuff. it was very "indie" feeling - the digital photography, the "we can't afford lighting" scenes, etc. the script was kind of silly, but whatever. the biggest problem I saw was the DVD itself. it was matted widescreen, so the upconverter couldn't work and it had black bars on both sides AND top and bottom, so I had to rely on my tv's "zoom" function (uggh). it was like 1998 instead of 2008 - we have widescreen tvs now, guys.

James Beyer
James Beyer

This is a very sweet Japanese lesbian romance. The “bad� things that happen are so minor I kept waiting for something extreme to happen, and was glad that it did not. Nice comfortable pace, beautiful shots, and sweet women in the lead roles. Plus a nice sex scene at the end of the movie. ;)

Kim W
Kim W

Discussion Forum

Discuss Love My Life on our Movie forum!

News & Features