Amor de hombre (The Love of a Man) Reviews

• Aug 13, 2011

A delightul comedy made enjoyable by the sparkling performance of Loles Leon as Esperanza, a fag hag. We've seen fag hags in movies as the BFF but this is the first time that a movie gives them a main perspective. Granted Leon is slightly foolish for only inviting gay men to her 40th birthday party and falling in love with her close friend, Ramon (played well by Andrea Occhipinti). After all, she'd like to get a man herself. Although the movie plays into stereotypes lke the bickering gay couple who can't control themselves, and a gold digger, it's still worth seeing. I liked watching the performance of Pedro Mari Sanchez as Roberto but the movie makes him a villain when he actually "heals" Occhipinti after the accident and he can't be blamed for Occhipinti falling for him. He's manipulative but so what? What I enjoyed was the light comic tone of the movie which just means to be entertaining about a likable woman and her gay friends.

• Aug 30, 2009

Nada del otro mundo, una película divertida y entretenida! obvio que el personaje de Espe se roba toda las escenas, Loles Leon es una genia!