Love of Siam (Rak haeng Siam) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love of Siam (Rak haeng Siam) Reviews

½ May 21, 2016
A lot of emotional energy employed watching this very dramatic movie that refuses to pay off. A waste of a lot of time and energy.
March 1, 2016
It explores many aspects of love and manages to move me to the deepest. I get new messages and meanings every time I watch it and this is absolutely my favorite movie of all time.
½ June 4, 2014
The story line seems a little bit too heavy for me. But the whole movie is just nice and the song is quite good too. Some touching scenes in it.
November 8, 2013
Beautifully scored and woefully compelling, Chookiat Sakveerakul's touching teen drama is every inch one of Thailand's finest exports. The structure may be textbook, but the film's dramatic elements hold a tantalizing tenderness of spirit and hit all the right notes right up until the script unleashes its cathartic crescendo.
Sakveerakul's characters are so well drawn, so personal, that they actually make sentimentality work, transcending the traditional rules of good storytelling. In fact, it feels almost as if you grew up with these two boys yourself. Essential Thai Cinema.
September 20, 2013
Hanap pa rin ako nang hanap ng movie reviews nito online na kukumbinse sa 'king maganda talaga 'tong pelikula. Ang gaganda pa naman ng mga kanta. Okay din naman ang ending. Pero wala pa ako sa kalahati ng film, gusto ko na lang siyang matapos. :(
August 16, 2013
my fav. movie ever I went out and search for every version including the limited edition which cost 300 bucks and extended the movie by almost an hour lol I highly recommend
½ June 18, 2013
never new that a homo film can give a good story and a good soundtrack. no wonder this movie and the cast received many awards.
½ May 15, 2013
Very beautiful and complex. It so splendidly reveals the very complex emotional conflicts that lie behind innocent puppy love, and how family conflicts can be caused by an intermingling of genuine love with egotism.

'Love of Siam' portrays the many faces of love so honestly - be it love between husband and wife, parent and children, grandma and grandson, brother and sister, teenage puppy love, or friendly love.

Despite (or perhaps because of) poor acting, the film comes out as genuine and honest.
March 3, 2013
Made me cry so much with the last word from Mew "Thank you"
January 5, 2013
seriously? I thought it was a movie about two guys falling in love with the same girl... I ended up watching a movie about two gays... Hm... It wasn't that good honestly, it was boring and I jumped over some scenes several times. It's not that it was bad because it was about two gay people, it could have been good but it wasn't.
½ January 3, 2013
Have anyone written a love song for you? Imagine so‚¶

The film itself is a slow, almost three hours, love story that will capture the heart of any person that experienced love before. The movie depicts a story of teenage love that shows how ‚pure‚? and ‚innocent‚? true love can be. The moments were so captivating and yet, tear-jerking and it will totally pierce through the hearts of its audience.

The plot is about family, friendship, love, loneliness, understanding and most importantly self-identity. It heavily displays on the struggles of adolescent young boys and their struggles to become adult men. It also showed how a broken family can still be restored with every member connecting with one another putting an effort to do so. It was a phenomenal plot that captured the essence of reality

The actors displayed their roles so naturally. The part that really brought me to tears is where Mew finally dedicates the song he wrote for Tong and immediately Tong knew that it was meant for him. ‚What do you think of the song‚? said Mew. Then Tong wrapped around his arm around Mew, stared him at his eyes and said ‚I can‚(TM)t say anything about it but‚¶‚? Then Tong kissed Mew. ‚" It must have been hard to do that but it was a perfect scene.

Lastly, I shall go back to my first question? Has anyone written a song for you? The song Mew wrote for Tong was very beautiful. It was heartfelt, word by word in the lyrics. If given a chance, I would sing that song to my future girlfriend every day as it really conveys the true meaning of Love.

Overall, I‚(TM)ll give the movie a 9/10 and it does deserve its title to be the 81st Academy Awards for Foreign Films: Thailand‚(TM)s Official Submission.
½ November 14, 2012
This film may come in differently for some people. It may come as the most romantic film for people who have been in the situation of the characters, specifically gays, and for some it may come as offensive because of close-mindedness. But the film doesn't only core on gay relationships but also leans on family issues, camaraderie and heterosexual love. The film shows how the love of two teenagers affect the lives of the people around them and how they will resolve it in the end. For me, its heart-warming and very striking given in my situation. I was touched, saddened, cried and even laughed. Just try to open your minds and accept what this film's positive intention to its viewers. Don't haste, rather accept.
November 4, 2012
I loved the whole movie and all. But I just didn't get the ending. So I guess it has an open plot. :(
October 13, 2012
One of the very few movies that I felt emotional while watching.

I love how they showed the relationship between Mew and Tong.
October 10, 2012
Love Of Siam has already polished itself as a warmly accepted coming-of-age story that doesn't only let its audience empathize but intrigues as well.
August 23, 2012
A story of an unadulterated love

When you have love, you still have hope..
June 8, 2012
had heard good reviews for a few months but have managed to see it recently. and it was definitely one of the best movies that i have ever seen. it really touched a chord with the storylines regarding love, friendship and family. the movie is a bit on the long side, with the director's cut i watch being 3 hours. the songs in the movie are good too and i find myself thinking about the questions asked in the movie. definitely one of the best from thailand!
February 26, 2012
pagkahabang pelikula.
December 13, 2011
Wonderful movie from Thailand. It's been a fav for years......
November 27, 2011
Really nice, beautiful end.