Love Serenade - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love Serenade Reviews

May 12, 2008
This film takes understated humour to new heights. There is a full-on dryness to it (not to mention a few bizarre twists). I think it has a very Australian flavour to it - especially in the way it plays on the Australian landscape. It's a slow moving film but you'll probably enjoy it if you can get used to the pace.
April 19, 2008
This film was BIZARRE. I loved seeing a young Miranda Otto in it..she was a breath of fresh air. The story-line was totally strange and the ending surprised me. It is definitely worth a view if you like strange movies.
½ March 27, 2008
Funny and entertaining. Great dry humor, good lesson, unexpected ending. I love Miranda Otto's character--so charming yet naive.
March 20, 2008
If you ever feel lonliness you might just fall for Ken Sherry. I wuvved it
½ February 14, 2008
My favourite flick of all time except for Tootsie. The poster they are using here is bizarre. Google it.
½ January 21, 2008
I'm usually not big on Australian movies but this one was actually quite funny, and really rather weird. I think it is also a lot funnier a decade after it was made - love the hair and outfits!
December 30, 2007
I love this movie! The characters are superbly funny, playing on a rivalry between two sisters over a creepy has-been radio dj. Plus top marks to the art department for capturing the feel of a small country Australian town even the small little radio station was spot on. One of my all-time favourites.
½ November 23, 2007
More quirk...rediculously hysterical, dry and plain strange characters make this tremendously funny!
½ November 12, 2007
Such a wonderfully quirky movie about two sisters and a guy who might also be a uhm... fish? Hmmm... the soundtrack is pretty sweet as well, with perfectly place Barry White recordings throughout.
½ October 17, 2007
Very quirky Aussie humour! Great movie soundtrack too!
½ October 16, 2007
What the hell was the ending all about? He's a fish?
October 15, 2007
Just because Ive had sex with your sister, doesnt mean I care for you one iota less
October 9, 2007
I fell in love with Vicki Anne. What a shame about her boyfriend and that chainsaw accident.
½ September 5, 2007
funny, grotty and weird, love it
August 28, 2007
Contemporary look at isolated, socially backward sisters, and their country town - here dubbed "Sunray"... What happens when a man arrives to an area devoid of available bachelors short of a couple of sandwiches? Mayhem. Dry landscape. White wedding dress up a silo...
August 19, 2007
one of australia's best!
½ July 19, 2007
i own this movie and I love it!! I watch it all the time. Very cool!
June 17, 2007
A quirky, understated Australian comedy. Deeply weird but very very funny.
June 7, 2007
If you liked Eagle vs. Shark, you'll love Love Serenade. Don't let anyone spoil it for you by telling you about the movie's twist ...
June 6, 2007
It's Aussie, so it's got a certain pace, but it's quirky and offbeat.