A Love Song for Bobby Long - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Love Song for Bobby Long Reviews

June 23, 2013
This movie didn't seem to get great reviews but I actually liked it. I thought Travolta did a really good job in his role and the same holds true for Johannson and Macht. I couldn't help but grow to like the three lead characters and their story as it unfolds.
May 18, 2013
enjoyed this movie i.d never heard of it till i saw it on tv ive watched it at least 6x since then i give it a thumbs up i even enjoyed john singing
½ April 2, 2013
Travolta pulls off the old man look, but this film lacks any real entertainment value.
February 20, 2013
Easily one of the best films I have ever seen. I don't understand how people give this movie a bad review, the story is fantastic, and the actors are amazing. Gabriel Macht is absolutely terrific, as well as John Travolta. And I'm not going to lie, I cried at the end.
December 28, 2012
I thought this movie was great, shocked me in the end, John Travolta was super, great job that Scarlett Johansson did, also Gabriel
Macht, I really like his films, and the story line was also great. You have to see it and you will think the same.
½ November 5, 2012
I know it's kinda clichéed movie but couldn't help but love the melancholy and the grey tone of this. Travolta and Johansson are great.
½ October 29, 2012
Gabriel Macht gives a great performance, but John Travolta is just horrible. Seems a waste because it does have some insight into the heart of New Orleans.
½ October 14, 2012
I enjoyed the slow moving development of characters because life in New Orleans in slow in nature. I actually enjoyed the movie.
October 10, 2012
Well acted, written and directed "A Love Song for Bobby Long" is a memorable movie. It has innocence and idiocracy from all walks of age and states of mind. I loved watching every bit of it.
½ September 25, 2012
Somehow lovely little movie, that might work better on paper, but has great moments that make it special, even though the narrative is a bit weird and makes getting into it quite hard.... and the music is quality, so is some of the acting
September 21, 2012
I just watched Love Song For Bobby Long I didn't think it was a great movie but it was worth watching. I'm not sure why John Travolta wanted to play the character in this film.
September 16, 2012
One of the good movies I have seen.. I love this movie.. Gabriel Macht is good in here. Per the role, he is not as fit as I'd liked.. but it is the role he plays.. so it is fine.. he still looks very good!!
September 16, 2012
I honestly enjoyed this, by watching it by mistake. With such emotion that John Travolta shows its incredible. In my perspective there is no one true main character. Everyone has a story to show. Well done to everyone!
September 13, 2012
I'm a big fan of John Travolta films, and this one his performance was great. I like the southern sweetness of his character.
September 4, 2012
Other than Scarlett Johansson, there's not much to see here. She's good, the movie is decent at best. Very best.
½ August 27, 2012
Too sad that the tomatometer shows 42 % of green puke for this, in my view, lovely film. Of course, it is totally curved in "we want to be perfectly independent form anything", but, to say, for Travolta (and, with todays eyes, for Johansson too) being a part of this kind of independence is vitally important. We can inspect different kind of Travolta here, all in all, this is pure renaissance for this actor, who has been included in several terrible projects, and even made some of these kind himself. It's good to feel good literature behind the film, it somehow blurs away the nervous precision of the casting department - well done, of course, but you've could be more "independent", seems like thoughts about box office is to be blamed here. Or, too soft behavior against producers.
August 21, 2012
Excellent adaptation of Ronald Everett Capp's novel Off Magazine Street. The atmosphere of New Orleans is used to great effect and Travolta gives one of the finest performances of his career.
August 16, 2012
As usual, the critics miss the mark, but the audience hits it. In my opinion this is John Travolta's greatest performance. 3 dimensional characters, 5 star acting, and a solid story make this a great, real life, movie. Enjoy. I know you will.
August 15, 2012
This is my favorite movie of all time
½ August 13, 2012
"It has its moments."

Exactly my opinion about the movie. When I came to leave my rating, I saw it already being rated as "NOT INTERESTED". Time!!! But having seen it now, it's neither awfully boring (give or take a few moments) nor the least interesting.All the same, relatively better than a few I recently sat through. Check it out if you're running out of options.