Love Takes Wing - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love Takes Wing Reviews

November 24, 2015
7. The story of Dr. Belinda: Saving the town and the orphanage.

The seventh part in the Hallmark's 'Love Comes Softly' movie series. Yet another satisfying movie with the convincing performances. I expected this part to take place in a city, but deliberately avoiding those things from happening. One thing from this series is crystal clear, that is the women and their live struggles in the countryside.

The story continued, but as usual once again the cast has been changed as the timeline did. After the medical graduation and her husband's death, the mourning Belinda returns to the rural life. In the town where everybody panicked for the sudden deaths, blames for the orphanage. Belinda's arrive brings a new hope, so would she stand and deliver what people are expecting is the remaining story.

The movie series is reached at a different level now. Comparing this to the first, not only the cast and characters changed, but the plot as well. So far the story was narrated moving forward to the next generation and their struggle. Now with this, a new view about the society and its causes. Well, there is a romance, but less focused on it to give a chance to explore on the fresh subject.

"I wouldn't be who I was today
if I hadn't grow-up the way I did."

Of all the films, the cast was the best thing happened. The women were beautiful by appearance and excellent in character display. Particularly in this, Haylie Duff filled that part, but she's only been a sidekick and I hope she will return in the next as well. Because the character Belinda became more serious and professional. Refuses to blend in with the other characters, I mean in the human emotional way, in another word the chemistry is missing.

That's not how we remember the women of this film series. They are gentle, caring and liked by the other characters around them. So, feels the change has come, but does it go on like this in the following films is the question. The old lady who runs the orphanage was the main attraction in the performance. That is also my weakness, I always fall for when I see the older people struggle in their lives. The role was small, maybe won't return in the next, but one of the best in the entire series.

We have already talked about the deaths, especially the husband's, but the movie without a little girl is also impossible. It is kind of routine, without it the narration won't proceed, because they are the one who is going to lead in the follow-up films. In this the new girl, Lillian was introduced. The girl from one of my all time and favourite children's film 'Standing Up'. It was a wonderful role, but I already began to analyse her character's field of interest, because that's what the next narration going to be.

8/10
May 14, 2012
nice story!...gud2 see patrick duffy act again
½ March 4, 2011
No relation at all to the book series. But a heartwarming film nonetheless.
½ October 26, 2010
Light viewing and very predictable but entertaining.
½ September 16, 2010
While poorly acted, this film is shot very well by whomever.

Looked at in widescreen mode on the tele (tv, for you neophytes), it is presentable as a first or least wise second rate film.

Purely a sappy Hallmark Hall of Fame like movie, this film has a woman doctor and her friend doctor, also a woman graduate of Boston, coming to Sikeston, an unlikely hamlet near St. Louis, Missouri.

A part of a series of films taken from the novel by Janette Oke, you should see all of the installments one by one, but unfortunately, the county library only has a few of the series going by the name: Love Comes Softly.

The title of the series should be Love Comes Slowly,Very Slowly. Every one of these films has a bit of a fight between the lovers.

This film is wonderful. It grabs your attention about half way thru as the woman doctor lead actress deals with a sickness the age has only bare witness to.

Worth your time.
July 28, 2010
This is a surprisingly good movie, excellent for the whole family.
April 15, 2010
nice story!...gud2 see patrick duffy act again
½ March 28, 2010
Un lindo drama, aunque tiene un final predecible, tiene dialogos profundos, que dejan un lindo mensaje.
Muy linda para ver..
March 23, 2010
After moving from Boston to Sikeston after the death of her husband, Belinda Simpson and her friend Annie Nelson develop a treatment for a mysterious cholera epidemic that is affecting the local orphanage.
November 22, 2009
A lovely film, although I don't believe the acting was as good as in the previous movies. Sarah Jones was not a very believable Belinda, or doctor for that matter. I was surprised to distraction that they brought her back as a blond. I also believe that someone other than Haylie Duff (bless her heart) may have been better suited for the part of Annie. A terrific story, but somewhat ruined with poor acting and unbelievability.
½ November 12, 2009
Horrid acting, horrid story. It is just a bunch of cliches thrown together and called a movie, which I guess a lot of movies are nowadays. But I could tell you how the story was going to go from the first few minutes... and there was nothing interesting in the journey to make it worth my while.
½ October 9, 2009
That's a quite decent TV movie I would like to watch again.
August 23, 2009
Really genuine great movie. A must see in the series!! by Janet Oake
½ August 21, 2009
Run run run for your lives................
July 5, 2009
one of my favorite movie series,it just keeps getting better even though they made like 7 of them. i cant wait for the next one.and kevin from the backstreet boys was in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
½ June 7, 2009
I touched life from this movie..everyone has his sorrows!! and we need to buy more time for what we want and to strive for the people we love.. profound movie, using an usual life way to show us a unusual life.
½ June 2, 2009
I really like this series! The plot line was a bit obvious, but a sweet story! Highly recommend!
May 29, 2009
this was the Best movie of the year 2009............Very Clean and messageful movie which inspire us to step forward and help others.........
½ May 20, 2009
Pretty good movie I just don't like the fact that Belinda has blonde hair! There was no such thing as hair dye back then and hair certainly doesn't change from dark to light over time! Also, I think they should've shown at least one movie with her actually married to Drew before he dies.
May 20, 2009
This series is getting really predictable. They are however one of the only movies left with good morals and family values...I'll watch them 'til the cows come home to avoid my kids watching complete trash!