Love That Boy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love That Boy Reviews

½ September 19, 2015
I liked the story but the performances were very amateur and production overall was just a very low budget quality but it's an okay little Canadian indie film.
November 7, 2014
Love everything about this sweet little movie - the charming characters, quirky Phoebe, the story, the resolve... I thought it was well thought out and well acted. Thanks for the treat!
½ January 13, 2012
Not a bad effort from Andrea D. I suspect that she could have made more of it though.
January 4, 2012
It's a movie that makes every attempt to avoid making it good. Sexy scenes are done away with. Collage girls look like they escaped from the 60s. Neighbour girls are bratty and just plain a pain in the ass.
August 23, 2011
I watched about a half an hour of it and I couldn't see anything interesting enough to keep watching.
½ April 16, 2011
Thoughtfully handled, non-exploitative study of the friendship of a 21 Year Old college student and her friendship with her 14 year old neighbour, who in turn falls in love with her. A young Ellen Page plays another girl who has an unrequited rush on the boy. Good on a slow day.
February 24, 2011
Excellent little flick! Artsy and bright :)
January 1, 2011
Tried watching it, but despite having the budget for steadicam and tracking shots they apparently didn't want to allocate any of it to a quality camera. The main actress is also not very good, so I couldn't get into it. I skipped through to look for the parts with Ellen Page.
November 22, 2009
Love That Boy is the story of overachiever Phoebe, whose sole purpose in life is to complete a list of to-do accomplishments, such as learning all the constellations, foraging for wild mushrooms, and writing and illustrating a children's novel, before her college graduation. Once her roommate points out that Phoebe only cares about herself and has never even had a boyfriend, she adds that to her list. Upon looking for possible prospects, she finds the perfect match... Unfortunately, he is only 14.

I found the first part of the movie a bit dull and Phoebe a somewhat unlikeable character. Once her possible love interest came into the picture, the movie was actually enjoyable and the interaction between the two made the movie interesting.
July 29, 2009
didn't like it one bit.
½ May 27, 2009
Interesting Canadian Film. My absolute favorite was the random Ellen Page appearance, and immediately, she stole the show. It was great to see. I enjoyed her the most.
October 12, 2008
A short, sweet, funny, controversial (kind of) love story. Ah... it reminds me of when I dated guys who were 5 years younger than me. =p
August 10, 2008
A quirky little movie that is well worth seeing - I think that everyone has met a Phoebe in their life!
July 13, 2008
Very good indie film. Funny enough I have met the type of girl who plays in the movie many times in my life. Not too far from the truth. My favorite canadian film.
March 30, 2008
"Love That Boy is the story of Phoebe, a sophisticated and adventurous but socially inept overachiever, unrecognized in a world run by C students. Phoebe's life is totally dominated by her 'To Do Before Graduation' list. When her best friend dumps her two weeks before graduation, she points out that Phoebe's list is missing one essential thing : a boyfriend. Not wanting to be alone at graduation, the most important day of her life, Phoebe begins an ill-fated quest to find a boyfriend, with hilarious results. Then she inadvertently falls in love. The only problem is, he's 14..."
March 2, 2008
Love the lists in this movie. Love the quirky lead actress (Nadia Litz).
½ October 22, 2007
I found it characters adorably fucked up. Like people should be quirky and slightly obsessive.
½ September 20, 2007
Quirky, and endearing, this is definitealy one for the keeper shelf, I mean I spent the last 3 years trying to track it down on dvd so it must be good.
September 5, 2007
Vraiment aimé ce film, rafraichissant!
August 30, 2007
Wasn't what I was hoping for. Overall it wasn't terrible just didn't hit the heights.