Love the Hard Way - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love the Hard Way Reviews

May 29, 2013
A tragic love story with too much tragedy and not enough love.
October 19, 2012
one of my favorte movies. but i wont deny. its horrible.
½ October 6, 2012
i like Adrien's acting, but this movie just didn't fit him.
June 18, 2012
one of my favorte movies. but i wont deny. its horrible.
October 11, 2011
Gritty and weirdly real and unreal at the same time. Brody's character and his desperation to connect with others (and his inability to do this in a non-douchey way) is actually really lovely and delicately done. His performance is very cool. The film kind of goes off the deep end, but I can appreciate the unconventionality of it. SIDENOTE: Is this really what it looked like in 2003? Because that shit looks like it was shot in the 90's...
July 14, 2011
"Didn't really care that much about the story line but did care a lot about Mr. Brody...OH YEAH!"
½ February 20, 2011
I am opting for the happy ending that was left as a mere suggestion at the end of this movie. Brody and Ayanna were great together.
½ September 15, 2010
Good movie. Adrien Brody has a lot of talent as an actor and did not disappoint by playing a player, tough guy, street criminal. Although I couldn't picture it at first. They have great chemistry in the movie but like all dark romances comes drama and consequences. Very dark love story with an ending that left me hanging. But like I always say, "Love is an Illusion".
½ April 25, 2010
Is there anything but tragedy? Love is a disease.
December 7, 2009
(***): Thumbs Up

Good performances and an interesting story.
September 22, 2009
I loved seeing Brody naked, so 3 stars just for that!
½ September 17, 2009
Watched this again for a second time in a while. Still engaging. Adrian plays the gritty NY tough guy with a heart. Good to see Pam Greer as the tough cop. Worth watching.
½ August 24, 2009
Made me wonder why people do things that they know will lead only to trouble and heartache.
July 17, 2009
ok let's get to the story first before me getting a little carried away with how much Adrien Brody looks so damn hot here. alright, an interesting story of love that involves a petty thief and an innocent medicine student. Claire (Ayanna) fell in love with Jack (Brody) and risked her whole life to struggle inside his extremely dangerous world as she tries to extract the lighter side of him which only ended up to self destruction of them both. so much passion in the eyes of the two lead characters. It's a story of love, crime, jealousy, sex, betrayal, sacrifices, suicide, realistic love story, though I'm referring to those intensely dark realities of life.
July 17, 2009
ok let's get to the story first before me getting a little carried away with how much Adrien Brody looks so damn hot here. alright, an interesting story of love that involves a petty thief and an innocent medicine student. Claire (Ayanna) fell in love with Jack (Brody) and risk her whole life to struggle inside his extremely dangerous world. so much passion in the eyes of the two lead characters. oh I can't help it, he's so brodylicious!
June 3, 2009
Katherine Moennig is so beautiful, so talented, and so wonderful to watch. She has been my favorite actress ever since I first saw her in The L Word and ive been completely in love with the girl since. Katherine has such a unique screen presence that cannot be compared to any other actress. Katherine Moennig is a brilliant actress and this film is a masterpiece. Love the Hard Way is a spectacular film.
½ April 25, 2009
I think that it didn't draw me in because it was so over dramatic. Being slow doesn't help it either.
April 8, 2009
I think I've watched half of this with Ingrid. I think I remember some sweaty sex appeal.
½ April 4, 2009
Not really my type of film. Watched it because I got it free from Tiscali. Bit slow moving in places. Why do girls fall for blokes who mess them around!? Just hope Clare would keep her life on track after he got out.
April 3, 2009
not a best movie but something in this messed-up lovestory always grips me! every time! and because the lovestory is so sad during its course it also deserves the happy ending. the worst thing about the movie might be Jack's animal-skin leather jacket!