Lover's Prayer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lover's Prayer Reviews

March 17, 2012
Painful from the start. Couldn't stay interested.
December 4, 2008
kind of slow at times but ok to watch
½ November 21, 2008
Kirsten Dunst plays fallen royalty... it is a bit annoying to watch her play a spoiled brat... buy her time does come... besides she is very pretty.
November 10, 2008
Don't waste your time. Kirsten Dunst once again ruined a potentially good movie.
November 8, 2008
Review will be written when/if re-watched (Probability: Zero).

First viewing: 16.11.2001
July 10, 2008
Eh...Too melodramatic. It is fairly slow, as well. Kirsten Dunst has grown so much as an actor since then.
½ July 1, 2008
A bit slow this one, preffered wah wah
½ June 17, 2008
I liked this film. I thought it was interesting. :)
June 14, 2008
Disappointment!!! The screenplay, though based on the novels of two great russian writers, was bad, I can't understand why they decided to include the voice-over. I like Nick Stahl, but in this movie I didn't like his acting, he didn't give any emotion to the character and looked like he was not even preoccupied in doing that...
What was with the British accents??? I wouldn't appreciate a forced accent but the British accent really didn't find its
place.
Oh, I liked something...The costumes and the beautiful landscapes, I don't regret seeing it just for that :)
February 27, 2008
Kirsten Dunst in a seemingly endless, boring film based on two separate Russian stories.
July 18, 2007
I went through a lot of trouble locating this movie. I ended up having to purchase it twice, as my first copy went missing in the mail.

This is a passable film, but Kirsten fans should love it. Kirsten is in top form, alternating between superiority, and approachability in her portrayal of a 19th century Russian princess from an impoverished family.

This one combines all my favorite Kirsten bits, accents, period dress, and intrigue. I give this one a solid Four Kirstens.
June 21, 2007
Good cinematography and costume styles were about all this movie had to offer.
½ June 7, 2007
this movie is twisted. in a good way.
½ September 23, 2004
Lover?s Prayer (1999) ? This a dual love story: First love of a wealthy boy played by Nick Stahl (who competes with a gang of other suitors) to a daughter (Kirsten Dunst) of a cash strapped woman who tries to hold on to her station, and a peasant love affair between a hired hand and a woman whose husband went off to war. It?s a pretty good movie as far as love stories go, actually it's really good, but you know i can?t stand this kind of pain and suffering.