Love's Unfolding Dream - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love's Unfolding Dream Reviews

½ November 24, 2015
6. The story of Belinda: When romance collides with career.

The sixth installment in the Hallmark's 'Love Comes Softly' movie series. I can't believe I have crossed the halfway mark with this in the series, yet a long way to go. I really enjoyed so far with many ups and lows. I am happy with this part compared to the previous two where the series hit the rock bottom. This film was much better and had a very nice storyline. Yet a few more new characters were introduced as the storytelling expanded to the next timeline.

I am just recalling the whole series very briefly to remind you that it all began with Marty and then moved later to her step-daughter, Missie. From this, the third generation story begins with Missie's step-daughter, Belinda. So the theme is getting little modern while proceeding in the each film in the series. Modern means that contrasts with the period of time when the story sets in. The story remains still in the cowboy culture and explores the various subjects.

"The only thing you have to rely
on this world is yourself."

One of the best movie in the series that perfectly represents the title. Most importantly for the first time the story focuses other than the family issue. Well, there's romance as well, which is short and cute. The actual narration is Belinda's interest in taking up her career very seriously. For a late 19th century woman, even in the New World that was a challenging thing. So how everything goes is the entire movie.

Well, 'Love Comes Softly' and deaths in its all the films are not co-incident, but a customary, that's how I felt so far. Some of the deaths were very emotional and connected deeply with the main characters, those had a strong hold in the storytelling. But some were simply unnecessary, like in this one perhaps. Maybe it was a lesson, a turning point, or medicines were not advanced to save people from the deaths or 'to make realise its value/worth' kind of stuff. So I accept it in this, because it was not that bad, but the way it happened was so silly.

Besides the 'deaths', the loverboy is the other thing who comes from nowhere and steals the woman of the movie. I mean in a good way, but I don't know, maybe that is the way it was happening in those times. Like I mentioned earlier, it's flourishing towards the 20th century. Maybe the next movie would take place in the city, but have to wait and see. Because that is an exciting thing to see a city for the first time. I had a very good time with this, and believe the forthcoming films would be even better. So see you later...

7/10
June 22, 2012
i love these movies!!!! They are so cute!!!!!!
½ December 25, 2011
Nice feel-good movie. Unbelievable how many "good" things can happen in one movie.
½ March 6, 2011
This Is A Really Good Film And I Really Like It And Scout Taylor-Compton Was Very Good In This Movie And It Don't Got No Foul Words In This Movie Because It's A Christian Movie!
March 4, 2011
This was not my favorite of the series. Mainly because it was very different from the books. But I did enjoy it.
½ August 25, 2010
I wish I was as strong-willed and spirited as Belinda was!
August 6, 2010
Cute story with good acting and a good story
July 3, 2010
Feminism is evident throughout the movie. If Belinda knew her Bible better, she would know that women are to be treated as the weaker vessel--with honor. This movie makes men out to be rude and blind if they believe women should stay home and work, when the opposite is really true. I sort of enjoyed some of the story, though (it was basically clean and interesting), but not one I'd recommend.
½ April 15, 2010
I love this movie. Scout Taylor Compton was fantastic in this movie. One of her best performances ever! Very excellent movie. Highly recommended.
April 9, 2010
Cute story. I repeat again though: nothing can ever be as good as the first 2.
½ March 23, 2010
Centers on Missy's adopted daughter Belinda Tyler as she follows her dream. Belinda wants to be a doctor, but this time period does not look kindly on women with careers, especially one in the medical field. But Belinda is a strong-minded woman and deeply wants a career as a doctor. She manages to prove her abilities while assisting the local doctor and caring for an old woman who recently experienced a stroke. Belinda nurses her back to health and helps her regain the use of her arm again. Belinda also meets the nephew of their deceased neighbor. Drew comes to town to get his uncle's farm in shape to sell. After that he intends on returning to New York to join his father's law practice. He has no desire to stay in this small, unsophisticated town. But after meeting Belinda he has second thoughts. Belinda also feels something for Drew, but she is conflicted because she wants to be a doctor. Even though the norm of the time is for a woman to get married and have children, Belinda wants more. She has a calling and a great mind for medicine.
November 29, 2009
Its not my type of movie but anything with Scout Taylor-Compton gets 5 stars.
August 29, 2009
Fairly predictable, but a nice one to watch with the girls.
½ July 29, 2009
nothing like a little silly cheesy girley movie...lol
May 2, 2009
a hallmark movie set in the turn of the 20th century in a small town in america. centred around talor comptons character belinda who is strong willed and ambitious, ambitious enough to become a doctor even if overs believe not.

a warm story unfolds as she cares for an elderly woman who suffered a stroke, and whilst caring for her and helping the towns doctor, she meets drew, a young aspiring lawyer from new york in town to sell his recently departed uncles house.

through this meet, their strong personalities clash and soething unfolds.

because its a hallmark movie, some of the situations are cliche but with a genuine and romantic relationship, its a film to be seen on a slow day and warm your heart, a lovely tale or romance and drama.

an actual good cast, even though i dont know any of the names, they keep the film together, and with interesting roles and goings on, it keeps you interested.
April 23, 2009
well umn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n its just a made for tv movie but its quite good 2 watch...its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie..i think that scout taylor-crampton, richard herd, samantha smith play good roles/parts throughout this movie...i think that the director of this Television, Romance, Kids & Family movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie its a good movie 2 watch with a good cast throguhout this movie
April 10, 2009
A great love story!!!
½ March 29, 2009
i have enjoyed watching every movie of the series... am always waiting for the latest movie to continue a story.
shesdownbytheriver