Love's Long Journey - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Love's Long Journey Reviews

November 24, 2015
3. The story of Missie LaHaye: Going after the dream.

The third one in the Hallmark's 'Love Comes Softly' movie series that followed after 'Love Enduring Promise'. Like the usual the story and the characters continued, but the cast changed. Because most of the characters became adult now. This time the narration followed the Missie Davis turning to Missie LaHaye. Of course now Missie is almost a different woman by appearance as she's all grown up.

This film focused only her and her surrounded ones. Still, she's passionate about reading and teaching, but the things are going to change when she meets a little boy in an unexpected circumstance. In the other side, the neighbours dragged into the narration to make a perfect American film, because they are not the ordinary neighbours.

The story was based upon a couple of things, like making the dream comes true and facing thieves in the backdrop of celebration of the Christmas and expecting their first child. In a new place, the newly married LaHaye couples set to begin their life. As Willie's dream coming true, to own a ranch and his wife Missie is pregnant, they comfortably settle down with a bunch of fine men who were hired to work with them. The threats are always a surprise, with one knocking their door, how this couple going to face it and the conclusion of the story is the remaining portion.

"For everything, there is a season...
And a time for every matter under heaven."

Sharing the life by helping each other, love was the main theme like the whole movie series supposed to be. The success won't be reached without a struggle, so those were well blended in the beautiful story. It was like effortless performances by everyone, other than riding horses. But anyway, making a movie, even that for the television, is not that simple. The quality was maintained, but there are some minor flaws and technical errors, that are not distracting ones.

Beside their new beginning, the festival season brings the employee and employer much closer. Followed by the most anticipated moment of their lives where the story concludes. Not like the big screen movie, as a television flick and being a second sequel, the movie really justifies. As usual the slow narration was the key to be a satisfactory product. I liked this part as well and so now the fourth film, let's wait and see where it takes us to

March 15, 2013
I don't like the new Missy. Erin and Logan just don't seem like they belong together like he and January Jones did. I think this is where the Love Comes Softly series start to slowly go downhill but nonetheless I loved the plot and the rest of the actors. Some lame jokes here and there but it's a cute fun movie.
March 4, 2013
Love's never ending journey.
February 27, 2013
This one was interesting, exciting.
December 7, 2012
Would like to get round to seeing!
May 9, 2012
I love the whole story and I hope that it continues
April 19, 2012
Doesn't seem interesting
July 13, 2011
Love's Long Journey is more of the same, and that's a good thing.
April 21, 2011
Emotional pull:No
March 4, 2011
I love the new Missie. Erin Cottrell is so much better than January Jones. She really captured the role perfectly! This movie is sweet and wholesome.
½ November 30, 2010
Directed by Bonanza and "Little House on the Prarie" Michael Landon's SON, not Michael Landon the dad.

Love's Long Journey is a journey into TV moviedome. While it is not worthy of dismissing totally, this film is simply playing on the heartstrings of Little House on the Prarie. Still, it has a wonderful feeling of a day gone by, something anyone interested in the West will enjoy, and while awkwardly acted, it still makes us wonder about how difficult the West was to settle.

By the way, the ending is fancifill and totally unrealistic, as the lead gal actor gets the better hand of an old protagonist and dresses in his clothes to foil a bitter ending to the film.

Pure fantasy, but worth watching.

Director: Michael Landon Jr. (son of famous Michael Landon)
Writers: Douglas Lloyd McIntosh (teleplay), Michael Landon Jr. (teleplay)

Erin Cottrell, Logan Bartholomew and William Morgan Sheppard
August 25, 2010
A great movie on Willie and Missy's own beginning!
July 29, 2010
good feel good movie
½ May 1, 2010
definitely more heavy-handed with the christian message, but funnier than the last one I think. I really liked January Jones in the last one, but I think Erin Cottrell makes more sense. Overall, a very cute movie!
March 14, 2010
Missie's surprise pregnancy sets her on a new course that is both thrilling and terrifying. After all the planning and dreaming, she and her husband, Willie, have headed west in a covered wagon, leaving behind the prairie home of Missie's parents. Now, caught between the excitement of the new adventure and the pain of not knowing when she'll see her family again, Missie copes with the challenges,a nd cherishes the rewards, of her new homestead.
December 6, 2009
i luv logan aka willie lahaye
November 23, 2009
i will never ever ever ever ever see one of these movies. my mother's wet-dreams are probably about i dunno raising good wholesome kids on a corn farm and being in love with this farmer guy from these movies. and that in turn will make my dreams even worse... what was i talking about?
September 23, 2009
I saw it and it is one of the best movies ever.
September 19, 2009
another really really good movie but i do wish they had kept january jones as missy
August 30, 2009
It was great!!!! I love the movies