Lower Learning - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lower Learning Reviews

½ August 17, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
June 10, 2014
low rate comedy movie
September 29, 2013
Another great comedy. I was afraid they stopped making comedies along my sense of humor after so many disappointments this year. But, this, along with Role Models (which would make for a good double-billing) shows that they are still going strong. Another one with a bunch of people I like (Rob Corddry, Ed Helms, Matt Walsh, etc). Its about a failing grade school which is about to be shut down because of low test scores. The principal realizes this and tries to get as much money out of the school, students, parents, etc before he jumps the sinking ship.
March 19, 2013
Lower Learning is funny and a wild ride. From the teachers drinking to
the principal having lobsters delivered to his office, you are in for a
roaring good time. Within Lower Learning there is tons and tons of
tongue and cheek humor, with is not only at times witty but also smart.

With a cast like this I wish they would have let them do what they do
best. Eva Longoria plays a role that many have never seen her in before
and it is sort of refreshing. Jason Biggs is raunchy and full of laughs
but the role seemed a bit stretched and unnatural. I also wish that it
focused on the problem at hand and the whole film seemed a but rushed.

If you are looking for a film that will make you laugh this one is it!
March 7, 2013
Good cast, but it pretty much sucks...mildly amusing.
½ January 20, 2013
One of the worst films I've seen in years, that's all I have to say, not recommended it all.
½ October 1, 2012
Rob Corddry had his moments (as usual) but Jason Biggs cannot possibly suck more, can he?
People used to make fun of Steve Guttenburg (why is he in movies?!). Steve Guttenburg is George Clooney compared to Jason Biggs.

Besides Corddry and Sasso this movie is not worth the time. They put more into their scenes by walking in than Biggs could ever do by actually trying to exercise his non-existent talent. Hey, Jason, molest yourself for a change. Leave the business, asshole.

The 30% rating is for anyone else in this movie. Biggs is that horrible as an actor and a person. A poorly made sock puppet substituted in any of his life work couldn't hurt.
August 25, 2012
Some fun comedy regulars keep the laughs coming... a worthy time killer.
½ July 8, 2012
Not great, but some funny moments. Jason Biggs was the highlight..has some heart to it.
½ June 14, 2012
The stupidity of it made it funny but it kinda sucked
June 1, 2012
I think that I can safely skip this one.
April 29, 2012
No wonder I hadn't heard of it. There's some famous people, but the plot and dialog are horrendous. The direction is lazy. Had to stop 45 min in, just too terrible.
April 12, 2012
I am absolutely stunned at how funny this movie is. The humor is very subtle and requires a 3 digit IQ to appreciate ;)
April 7, 2012
I laughed once in the first half hour. This movie sucks. I'm guessing it was written by a 12 year old... no, 10 year old. Maybe one of Romney's kids decided to become a screenplay writer, started doing a bad job, outsourced it to a dumber kid that needed the dough then got daddy to make it happen with a cast I KNOW can do better. Money talks, Citizens United represent.
½ February 25, 2012
really terrible movie
½ December 9, 2011
½ October 30, 2011
Toilet humor with kids, is funny right?... no!
August 28, 2011
I thought this movie would be funny but it turned out not to be funny... I found it kinda boring...
April 26, 2011
Number 3 off pile of crap. Tried to watch this some time ago and failed. However, as it is only comedy on pile and didn't feel like thinking too much today, this was it.
Well, it hasn't improved since my last failed attempt. This is really pretty weak stuff. I can see that they have tried to do a pitch black satire, but it really hasnt worked at all. A film is in trouble when the best thing in it is the child actors (yes, that coming from me!). They are actually pretty good, while the adults such as Jason Biggs and Eva Longoria fail to convince.
A few small smiles but pretty sure I didn't laugh once here. Only watch it if you really have to!