The Luck of the Irish - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Luck of the Irish Reviews

August 28, 2016
This was arguably the best and most memorable of all Disney Channel's original movies before High School Musical first aired. Detective Lassiter made a great bad guy hiding behind that thick Irish accent.
½ March 17, 2016
One of the best Disney channel movies of the year that this movie came out. Sad but I love the story so much I'm going to call this movie the best st. Patrick's day movie of all time.
March 17, 2016
A great Disney channel movie especially around St. Patrick's Day!
½ July 24, 2014
(First viewing - 3/9/2001)
½ September 15, 2013
Nyeah. A Disney Channel movie trying to make stars, but a little to cartoony for me. Not bad, but definitely not good. Just kinda there.
March 10, 2013
Good movie, I'm Irish
½ December 9, 2012
It gets old and seemingly worse every time.
December 7, 2012
The Luck of the Irish
Synopsis: A teenager must battle for a gold charm to keep his family from being controlled by an evil leprechaun.
Starring: Ryan Merriman, Alexis Lopez, Henry Gibson
Directed by: Paul Hoen
½ November 30, 2012
It was ok movie but I thought it could have been better, don't want to see it on DVD, it was ok for a TV movie and it starred Henry Gibson (The Burbs), Ryan Merriman and Timothy Omundson
September 12, 2012
Being irish, I was slightly intregued at the advertisment on Disney, but mostly horrified.

The WHOLE concept of the movie is appalling, and a better screenplay could be fished out of a bin in a dowtown city dump. A teeneager with all the luck in the world, and an annoying ego to boot, suddenely finds himself - inexplicably - turning into a leprechaun. With the help of his grandfather and best friend, he has to struggle to find a magic coin from a bucket of them which is in the theiving hands of an evil vaulchaun.

Read that last paragraph, and try to do it without gagging. It's hard isn't it? Well watching this tripe is even harder. Making about as much sense as a slug learning how to speak fleunt french, and as entertaining as watching milk curdle, this film is a travesty and should never have been allowed the green-light.

Utterly appalling. sorry, it is just so damn easy and fun to insult this garbage.
½ August 11, 2012
It was weird but meaningful.
July 15, 2012
why is tim omudson in this????
June 24, 2012
i luved this movie :)
May 27, 2012
I love song at the end and its a very good movie
½ March 18, 2012
I always enjoyed the core story here, lots of Irish heritage around cookie cutter characters is always enough to entertain. Yet the dialogue is weak and sometimes corny, and the acting isn't very impressive.
March 8, 2012
might be my favorite disney channel movie!
½ December 13, 2011
I guess this was cute when I was ten, but at this point, it's ridiculous in the way only a made-for-Disney-Channel-movie can be. It could be worse, and when you're young, you enjoy it.
½ August 1, 2011
I love this movie and it has the right amount of charm to actually work. B-
½ July 5, 2011
FUN! i cant buy this ANYWHERE!!
½ March 29, 2011
Sweet movie! My favorite part was when the bad leprechaun shrunk and fell into Lake Erie... He thought the little kid said "Eire" (whatever that means). Gooood family fun for the kids. ;) It syncs up to Skillet's new album perfectly. Kind of creepy...