Lucky - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lucky Reviews

September 23, 2012
One of my favorite horror movies! They have added the wrong cover photo to this movie. This is a must see!
July 29, 2012
Started interesting, even funny a little... but now I'm embarrassed for this dog being in this movie. haha.
August 30, 2008
A talking dog gets a man to kill. Think the script is far fetched? (Remember Son of Sam?)
½ July 31, 2008
This is one of the worst, most insufferably pretentious movies I have ever seen. It has a reasonably interesting premise, but the constant narration is pompous and extremely irritating.

In a desperate attempt to look on the brightside, Piper Cochrane is hot in a milf-ish way.
puffchunk
May 31, 2008
Two stars because it started out funny. A talking dog with a voice like Frylock, but once they guy gets a girlfriend it gets gross, and once he starts raping dead people and tying people up I turned it off.
May 26, 2008
Terrible. 10 minutes is all I could tolerate. Just terrible.
March 21, 2008
I did not really like this movie.
March 3, 2008
I'm proud of our work on this film. Shot on a shoestring, for almost no $. We lost our permit, it rained - And it got released, and horror fans seem to like it. That's a win for me. (Am I biased because I helped produce it?) Oh, and Mike Emanuel is great. He did a lot of work in a very short amount of time.
½ January 27, 2008
They need a new rating system for how terrible this movie was.
October 27, 2007
I need an evil dog... but one that I don't have to walk.
October 21, 2007
Kid's cartoon writer suffers through creative block as he swly drowns sorrows in a sea of beer cans. The dog he find in the road starts talking to him. Giving him advice, writing ideas, acting like his editor, cultivting his confidence and shaping his ambition. Eventually it starts to urge him to kill. The dog is a clever bastard, like Harlan Ellison's creation in "A boy and his dog". This is one of the most effective serial killer movies I've ever seen. The guy isn't some super brilliant psycho, he's just some everyday guy. He kind of reminds me of the dad on the "Adventures of Pete and Pete." This one is low-budget, but effective. Just gets darker and darker. Gets in to the stuff that people try to hide deep in their minds. Really intriguing internal dialogues. And the killer's daydream conversation with a very inquisitve and curious victim-to-be is kind of brilliant. She matter-of-factly asks why he wants to do what he does and he answers as best as he can as he decides how to proceed. Piper Cochrane is great as the love-interest/crush/fantasy-girl/girl-in-peril. And I like how they did the dog. The voice is surprisingly effective. Thank god they didn't go for moving mouth special effects and kept it telepathic. So much more effective that way.
October 16, 2007
A solid genre offering, at least for you guys who like something far from the beaten path.
August 30, 2007
This was the strangest funniest thing ever.
Very crude, and all around disturbing.
½ August 28, 2007
I don't want to kick anyone when they're down (who am I kidding? sure I do) but this movie sucks. The scenes where the guy's evil dog "talks" to him are laughable. Maybe its unfair to say that the dog doesn't measure up to earlier canine actors; Lassie and Rintintin were working with tried and true Hollywood talent, where as this dog is hobnobbing with amateurs who just expect him to sit still for a take or two. Dog, you should fire your agent. This mess would be forgivable for all its sleaziness and amateurism if it weren't so goddamn pretentious. Hardly five minutes go by without the protagonist chewing over pompous narration thick with the sort of philosophizing a stoned, cynical twelve-year-old would sneer at.
½ August 27, 2007
Totally "SICK" but I still like it, Most of the people I have shown this movie to have been very offended by it. So its not a film for everyone watch at own risk.
½ August 25, 2007
Normally with a movie with such low production values I grit my teeth until the credits roll, but this movie, for the most part, was good.

I say "for the most part" because as much as I love blood, guts and gore, I really can't stand rape. The rape bit was important to the character and it was brief.

Above all the movie was just well written and had little spikes of funny, like a humorous porcupine.