Lucky Number Slevin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lucky Number Slevin Reviews

½ September 14, 2015
Dizzy and overly complicated Pulp Fiction wanna be.
September 10, 2015
To this day, this film remains one of my favorites. The dialog between Hartnett and Liu's characters is fast-paced and witty. The plot will keep a new viewer guessing until the end. A bit surprised at the scores this has received!
½ September 6, 2015
I love this movie a lot (4 viewings)
½ August 16, 2015
This feels like a get out of jail for free card that the producers just made. You might not understand what's being said in this movie. That's okay, that's normal, that's just how smart the film is. Ugh, give me a freakin break! Only good thing about this?.....eh...Lucy Liu was hot! Not saying much though!
August 14, 2015
It is an entertaining, clever, trickster crime story. Just check up on "Kansas City Shuffle" as the key to this mystery. Many body counters and gallons of blood.
½ August 5, 2015
All this has to offer is very clever plot twists.
½ August 3, 2015
This movie was pretty freaking cool. It is unique, creative, and mind boggling. It gets better as it goes and it is clever and witty. It has twists and turns and makes more sense as you go so therefore it is entertaining and it had a star studded cast and gets overlooked.
½ July 25, 2015
It features an all star cast. Not too bad. Entertaining. Has it's moments. But when it was finished, all I felt was sad and depressed.
July 21, 2015
A bit cheap but still entertaining.
½ July 9, 2015
It was shot beautifully and the music was pleasant and you could see that it was directed well, however I have a few problems with this film. Firstly If you hear somebody waking you up in a middle of an empty airport, your first reaction wouldn't be to simply listen to them. You would feel nervous and unsettled especially, if somebody is talking to you about a crazy story. Secondly, if you open the door to a neighbour across the hall (whom you have met for the first time) you certainly and definitely wouldn't answer the door in a towel. I just feel that aspects like this could of certainly been avoided. Funny at times and the story wasn't too bad, just feel some things could of been avoided that could of made rhe movie so much better. it gets better mid-way and the end was pleassnt
May 11, 2015
good one but the end could have been more thrilling
½ April 28, 2015
Fun crime action flick with lots of red herrings and wrong turns to keep you guessing. Stylish beats out substance, since I can't remember much more than that...
April 17, 2015
I personally love this one a all-star cast a really smartly written script, an awesome watch.
½ April 14, 2015
It blends in the styles of Tarantino and Scorsese successfully and its pacing is perfect. A way underrated movie. Really entertaining.
½ April 12, 2015
It's a decent and entertaining (on the most basic of levels) suspense/thriller that has a slow start but good reveal and ending (although fairly obvious) along with some twists and turns that are good but not good enough. It's been done before and been done much better.
½ April 11, 2015
I love movies told piece by piece, where you're trying to piece together the puzzle before the big reveal at the end. While I think films like Vantage Point or Holes did it better, this is definitely a great film with a great cast.
March 8, 2015
I think that those who compare this movie to Pulp Fiction are acting too harsh towards this masterpiece. Yes, Tarantino is a legend. Almost every script he writes is priceless. But this movie is awesome, and people who don't like it are just being fussy, that's all. I got mind-blown from the get-go. However, at the end I started connecting the dots. For example, when I saw Lindsey hugging Slevin at the airport, I knew she was wearing a bullet-proof vest when Goodkat shot her while she was at the morgue. I don't think that counts as me being a good analyzer or anything. Moreover, I couldn't believe that Goodkat could kill a kid, so at the end again, I knew he would train the kid to become an assassin just like him. I think the moment you see one thing you didn't expect at the beginning, you automatically begin to expect everything. The reason why I hate people rating movies, thinking "top critics" makes them gods is that, there are so many movies that people don't appreciate, and that really grinds my gears. Word of advice: try to read/watch everything with an open heart, or else you'll end up an old man in a wheelchair hating yourself, waiting impatiently for death to come.
February 25, 2015
A hidden gem...intricately plotted fantasy/thriller/comedy/romance. Beautiful PVs and all star performers cast against type. Have watched it twice - already.
February 24, 2015
underrated. enjoyable and entertaining crime comedy.
February 21, 2015
In a case of mistaken identity, Slevin (Josh Harnett) is now expected to kill a mob bosses son, and pay another mob boss 33,000 dollars. Lucky Number Slevin tries to be a mystery and suspenseful movie, but instead is quite predictable and has average characters. In spite of this the movie has some decent violence, enough mystery to make it worth your while. A different cast and director though could have really made this a film really good since the script itself was decent.