Lucky Number Slevin Reviews

• Jan 16, 2021

i thought this was great! & what a cast; goodness. it's slightly predictable, but there's enough going on & an added twist or 2 at the end which keeps you on your toes. i think it's a very smart plot. smart plots are my favorite plots.

• Dec 29, 2020

Twist, after twist, after twist! Lucky Number Slevin is one of those movies that deserves more between three and three and a half stars. It's a great, neatly written film. But there are a couple plot holes here and there, which is why I can't quite give it four stars. But don't get me wrong, director Paul McGuigan's crime thriller is quite good. A stylish and bloody film, reminding me a bit of Pulp Fiction (1994), and quite a bit of humor to go along with it. And there are plenty of great actors in there. Josh Hartnett, Ben Kingsley, Lucy Liu, Bruce Willis and Morgan Freeman all make a very solid cast. Overall, it's a mind-bending movie that will not disappoint, I was entertained by it, and the ending is quite something. An achievement and recommended!!

• Dec 23, 2020

A grossly underrated, highly stylized, fun pulp story with twists and turns.

A grossly underrated, highly stylized, fun pulp story with twists and turns.

• Oct 31, 2020

I think it's a brilliant, witty, clever, intriguing revenge fantasy. Every member of the cast is superb, and the writer and director both deserve medals.

• Oct 22, 2020

Pro tip: when it takes the last half-hour of your movie to explain the first 80 minutes of your movie, you're trying too hard. You see this kind of mistake in other Tarantino copycat films like "Smokin' Aces," "Suicide Kings" and even "The Boondock Saints" to some extent. Screenwriters trying to not only outsmart the audience, but themselves. It really doesn't impress. You see the twists and turns coming from a mile away and when they eventually land, you lament the fact that the filmmakers still find the need to explain how we got here. There's some charm and personality on display here and there, but I couldn't help but notice the "everyone thinks that Quentin Tarantino is the best at writing dialogue? Well, I'll show them!" sort of aspect to it all. You'd think that Tarantino alums like Willis and Liu would get wise to the knockoffs and counterfeiting, but here we are. I do miss Josh Hartnett, though. Remember when him and Lucy Liu were big draws at the theater? Also, remember theaters?

• Oct 07, 2020

Lucky number slevin takes place in a world only the mind of a suburban teenage boy could postulate.

• Oct 01, 2020

I think it's great story. Twist is visible if you take all the hints. But amazing looking movie and fun.

• Jul 29, 2020

'Lucky Number Slevin' is a sleek pace movie with a solid cast who all do good work. As the movie goes along, it keeps you guessing. However, I feel like the tone and style of the movie is very messy. The movie starts off bleak, but then turns quirky and funny - with characters plucked out of a Guy Ritchie movie, and dialogue from a Tarantino movie. Later towards the end it turns into a hard hitting drama. Flawed, but enjoyable.

• Jun 26, 2020

If you dont over analyze it, it's a fun movie. Great caste. Obvious but fun story. Good times.

• Jun 25, 2020

extremely violent but off the wall with some great performances, the twist end is fantastic as well.