Lucy in the Sky Reviews

• Nov 10, 2019

When you never really return from a trip, strange things can happen. A trip to space, in this case. The story is loosely based on real events at NASA, with the downward spiral of the protagonist ending in criminal territory. Nataly Portman and Jon Hamm are both convincing in their roles, as is the German-born Zazie Beetz, who just had screentime in 'Joker'.

• Diana
    Nov 02, 2019

Very slow and confusing

Very slow and confusing

• Carl
    Oct 25, 2019

The acting was okay, but I,did not enjoy the movie.

The acting was okay, but I,did not enjoy the movie.

• Robyn R
    Oct 22, 2019

I wasn't sure what to expect from this movie and got even less. It was slow and tedious . How can I get that time back?

• Michael Horing
    Oct 22, 2019

Natalie Portman is great as always but the movie is confusing and makes no sense

• William B
    Oct 21, 2019

Portman plays a great crazy astronaut, but Lucy is just not likable, and I don’t think everyone involved with this movie had the same vision. Is the point perhaps that there IS no point, or were they aiming for something here? Worse: such story as there is here pivots around a moment which feels forced. Stay home on this one, and better luck next time, Ms. Portman.

• john w
    Oct 20, 2019

Great acting by Natalie Portman, Jon Hamm, Ellen Burstyn, and Zazie Beetz (also in Joker). I want bothered by any inaccuracies from the events from which it was inspired by, because the screen showed it was in inspired by true events up front.

• Donnie B
    Oct 17, 2019

Is it good? No. Is it interesting? Yes. Was it unfairly maligned? Yes. It least it has the audacity to ask some tough questions, even if it falls on every turn.

• Zhanjun G
    Oct 12, 2019

I thought I was in a treat for space and drama. But no!!! All I got is drama. And so bad drama. The whole plot is fragmented. During the movie, all you could think is WTF? Why this happen? Why that happened? Nothing made sense. So we shouldn’t go to space? Or what? Don’t get a single thing from that movie. Please save your 2 hrs. Do something else. Even do nothing is better.

• Joyce
    Oct 07, 2019

The performances were amazing. The story was quite sad to know thats what happens to astronauts after they come home from space.