Lurking in Suburbia Reviews

• Jun 13, 2006

[center][font=Century Gothic][size=3]I’m amazed that I just looked this movie up on RT and there are no reviews for it yet. So I’m the first. Well lets get started then shall we? [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/50/267750.jpg[/img] [/size][/font] [/center] [center] [/center] [center][font=Century Gothic][size=3]Lurking in Suburbia is a really funny independent movie. Conrad is about to turn 30. OH NO! This movie takes you through his trip in turning 30, finding love and most importantly of all his friendships. Conrad’s world prior to turning 30 is early morning beer, goofy roommates, ex girlfriends, and of course strippers. Can Conrad roll over the hill to 30 and grow up finally into adulthood? [/size][/font] [/center] [center][font=Century Gothic][size=3]First off, the DVD art will make you think that this is some type of National Lampoons movie. It features Conrad (Joe Egender) and two cheerleaders from the movie. And it just screams gross college type fun. But it’s not. Lurking is a great independent movie. The actual story is really very good. Your average Joe re-evaluating his life as he turns the tide of time to 30. The entire theme of this movie is believable. [/size][/font] [/center] [center][font=Century Gothic][size=3]It’s a little odd though. The main character Conrad narrates the movie, but it adds for a touch of fun to hear his take on things and it really works for the movie in a good way.[/size][/font] [font=Century Gothic][size=3]The acting is good in the movie and believable. [/size][/font][/center] [center] [/center] [center][font=Century Gothic][size=3]All in all I really enjoyed this movie. It’s a fun 87 minutes. You’ll find some laughs and enjoy some good music. It’s a well-done feel good indie movie that deserves more than a passing glance at the movie store. [/size][/font] [/center]