Lust for Gold - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Lust for Gold Reviews

½ March 19, 2017
I was a bit confused when I started watching this film because I thought it was a western vehicle for Glenn Ford and Ida Lupino, but when neither of them show up for the first 20 minutes of the film, I started wondering if I'd recorded the right film. It was the right film, but the story unfolds in an unnecessary wrap around story about the grandson of Ford searching for his grandfather's lost gold mine. The story of prospector Ford and his greedy wife Lupino is an entertaining western melodrama, but the wraparound story just seemed like filler and bogged the film down.
½ April 16, 2013
There's mystery, action, murders, romance, treasure, singing, double-crossing & more in this exciting western--Dark, Unembridled Lust!!
June 6, 2009
In my opinion, a poor man's TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE. Not bad for 1949 but this one is showing its age. Glenn Ford in a rare unlikable character role for him.
July 18, 2008
this looks pretty good i wouldnt mind seeing it
jjnxn
May 10, 2008
The framing story is weak but the main one with Ida and Glenn is very good as are they.
January 18, 2008
Very entertaining mystery western. Great performance by the almost unknown Ida Lupino.
November 27, 2007
It was an okay movie. Interesting plotline, but something about it made it a little too slow.
June 16, 2007
I'm biased since I am fascinated with the legend of The Lost Dutchman. Gotta love Ida Lupino, though.
September 28, 2006