MacGruber - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

MacGruber Reviews

August 19, 2017
4/5. One of the most underrated comedies ever made. Hilariously funny.
August 6, 2017
update: just tried watching it again on the CMT channel, still sucked ass!!!
½ July 31, 2017
Ok action comedy spoof movie starring will forte , Kristen wigg, and wwe superstars. That's the only reason I like this movie is because their are wwe superstars in this movie. I liked the idea of a spoof of macgyver but the execution that this movie has is bland or the emoji meh like the emoji movie that just came out. Bland boring movie that I would never see ever again but if I have to I would see it.
July 6, 2017
Extremely stupid but is much funnier than it has any right to be. If you like absurd and dumb humor this is one of the better ones out there because there are some actual attempts at humor here, and will forte is hilarious.
July 5, 2017
A ton of insane jokes. They totally commit. So funny.
June 19, 2017
This movie is a classic. So many lines are quotable and it goes down easy, with many moments making you laugh until you cry. Lets pound some cunth
March 4, 2017
MacGruber is a fine spoof movie but nothing special. Repeated gags get old, but enough cheesy jokes to make it work.
½ December 20, 2016
this is without a doubt one of the best parodies ever made, if you gave it a bad rating you either just don't get it or you can't see the humor, this probably in my top 5 favorite comedies of all time, it's hilarious and i haven't met anyone with a good sense of humor that didn't thoroughly enjoy it.
November 30, 2016
Hilarious movie. Very under rated.
November 15, 2016
MacGruber has its moments but it tries way to hard to be funny and tries to take a 10 minute sketch and make it into a full length film.
½ October 31, 2016
Terrible 'comedy'. I did not laugh at all.
½ August 31, 2016
MacGruber is the hysterical big-screen adaptation of the SNL character, played brilliantly by funny-man, Will Forte which is a play on the super-spy, MacGyver with the difference being that MacGruber is an idiot and his inventions make no sense! The story follows MacGruber getting a team together to battle his arch nemesis, Dieter Von Cunth...(the joke writes itself), played perfectly by Val Kilmer who's clearly having a blast being a part of the madness. The film also stars Kristen Wiig and Ryan Phillippe as MacGruber's back-up team after something tragic, but hilarious, happens to the last team, and they bring a great dynamic to the proceedings. This is the directorial debut of SNL alum and Lonely Island member, Jorma Taccone, who also co-wrote the film, and his sense of comic timing and no-holds-barred, R-rated approach help elevate the material drastically. MacGruber is just plain FUNNY and for every joke that doesn't land, there's 3 or 4 more sight gags that really do, even if they are extremely immature. This is one of the best SNL-adapted films to date, in the same company as Wayne's World, A Night at the Roxbury, and The Blues Brothers and if you don't laugh at the cemetery sex scene...we can't be friends.
July 25, 2016
As offensive and crude as MacGruber is, it's a hilarious and entertaining action comedy that benefits from Will Forte's solidly inept and goofy performance.
½ July 19, 2016
I saw this at a party, which is probably the only way this was enjoyable.
July 15, 2016
Hilarious, raunchy and one of the better SNL movies
½ July 2, 2016
The s****est movie I will ever see. And that is saying something considering I've seen human centipede
April 7, 2016
Don't be fooled. This movie sucks more than you think it does.
March 20, 2016
Surprisingly funny film. What is also a surprise is that Will Forte did not forge a career as a pretty funny film actor after this, at least I've not seen him in any other main comedy roles.
½ February 16, 2016
I'm a Will Forte fan, but this isn't his best work. While I counted 4 or 5 authentic laugh-out-loud moments, most of the movie was filled with over-the-top crass dialogue. Some of it felt so forced that I wonder if the movie was made just because there had been a lot of these crude ideas that would've never been appropriate to air on SNL, and they needed an outlet to purge their most lewd ideas.