Mac & Devin Go To High School - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mac & Devin Go To High School Reviews

October 20, 2013
One of the greatest achievements in filmmaking from our generation.
October 13, 2013
Im a avid cannabis smoker, a rap listener who listens to Snoop's and Wiz's music and I also love to watch movies. If added all these elements together you would figure I would LOVE this movie. But this movie was terrible, Wiz was clearly a novice when it comes to acting; he over did his character in my view. The plot was awful I know it was suppose to make as little sense possible, but they could've tried harder. I didnt even find the jokes that funny, it had its moments but hit or miss; mostly miss. Watched it twice(Sober & the influence) still didnt do nothing for me.
½ September 2, 2013
Horrible attempt at trying to be like how high
½ August 1, 2013
The worst movie ever
June 24, 2013
great movie for smoking weed
June 8, 2013
If you don't smoke the good this movie won't be good. It's targeted towards stoners. Follow the on screen instructions and you're golden for a very funny movie with the talent of Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa.
Plus songs.
½ June 5, 2013
movie sucks. not funny and really lame
June 2, 2013
its funny stuff to watch
½ May 31, 2013
it was a funny movie but really short
May 25, 2013
a great movie i really liked it the best movie ever made
May 12, 2013
I hope its a good movie
May 10, 2013
Mac and Devin is the most well thought out and funniest movie i have personally seen.
This movie had the perfect mix of drama and comedy while keeping the theme of just living your life. this movie has a ton of pulse pounding moments and pop culture references to keep the movie interesting. another noteworthy fact if the perfect blend of animation and reality, some would say better then who framed roger rabbit. this is a must see movie that everyone and their mothers need to see.
May 10, 2013
This movie understands the one thing most movies this day and age, seem to forget about, and that is a good, well rounded, story. The story revolves around two loveable scamps who get into mischief one day, when principal Skinfloot gets them in trouble. Then they get high, for almost an hour and a half, while a talking joint guides us through the movie.
April 30, 2013
Wow wth did I watch -___-t
½ April 29, 2013
Terrible, stupid, pointless, and unfunny.

Executed poorly and not even cleverly handled.

Shameless movie's purpose is to only promote Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa's own music and shoving how good weed is down our throats and is NOT a bit convincing about it. Just a bunch of wasted effort.

But the songs are at least very catchy, "Young, Wild and Free" is pretty good. But the entire film is just AWFUL and UNBEARABLE... Just one long stretched-out music video.

I've seen better stoner movies...
April 22, 2013
One of my favorites.
April 18, 2013
beat movie yet hilarious
April 2, 2013
it a great n funny movie
blkbomb
March 26, 2013
Mac & Devin go to High School isn't what I'd call a good movie, or really even a movie to be honest. It's extremely short, clocking in at about 70 minutes and it doesn't really try all that hard. I didn't expect to watch something good though; I expected to see exactly what I did. It's a weed movie, and from the offset, a small talking joint tells you this. He also says if you don't have weed to turn the movie off because weed is needed. The joint don't lie either.

Mac is a fifteenth year senior and drug dealer. Devin is a valedictorian who is trying to balance his school with his girl friend. When Mac and Devin get paired up for a science fair, Mac introduces Devin to marijuana and it changes Devin's whole outlook on life.

There's a few good jokes, but I enjoyed the experience because I really like Wiz Khalifa and Snoop Dogg and the cd that this movie was basically made to help market. I don't see there being a huge audience for a movie like this, but fans of the two rappers will get a kick out of it. It's nothing special, but it's worth a look if you think it looks at all entertaining.
March 12, 2013
Doesn't matter how bad the acting was, I couldn't stop laughing.