Machete Kills - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Machete Kills Reviews

December 18, 2013
Machete 2 is neither exciting, not fun. Often sloppy, and something tells me not intentionally. Mostly it's just annoyingly boring. SKIP IT
½ December 18, 2013
Awesomely crazy! Took the good from the original & added more exploitation ridiculousness--Almost perfect!!
December 18, 2013
It was good but over played
½ December 15, 2013
sadly it really sucked I liked the first one
December 15, 2013
Watch it if you love b movies
½ December 14, 2013
Machete returns in a star-studded cast. Weird enough Lady Gaga is an assassin in this flick. Mel Gibson did a good job as a villain as well. And the nicest scene in this movie is to see the 'Desperado' Antonio Banderas face to face with Machete. Even for a few minutes, I still get a kick out of it seeing the two together. But beyond the glitters and glamour of the cast, Rodriguez' imagination has gone way out of control. It has become outrageous, far from the first installment. At the end of it, you know it's just silly. Worse, the third movie is gonna be Machete in space. Rodriguez should understand the strength of his character Machete lies in realism of story.
December 13, 2013
The movie provides light entertainment as it is filled with a random storyline and familiar faces.
½ December 13, 2013
very good actors, but the movie, stupid
½ December 13, 2013
When Pakistani dictator General Muhammad Zia Ul-Haq subjugated unanimously approved 1973 Pakistani Constitution and hanged its architect Oxford/Berkley graduate voice of Third World Countries, staunch opponent to the US "Zulfikar Ali Bhutto 1928-1979". He tried to win-back pro-Bhutto Arab-world by Islamizing Pakistan - banning flourishing Urdu-language Pakistani film-industry (whose reputation was spread across India, Bangladesh - the Indian film-industry still copy famous Pakistani hit tragic-drama film 'Aina 1977 (Mirror)').

Then came the plague that still goes on, that of rise of Punjabi-language films, full of unbelievable stunts and roaring dialogues - the famous Sultan Rahi (who later was typecast for such roles until he was murdered in a night-robbery off-highway in 1996) playing typical angry Pakistani Punjabi brave man, wearing traditional dress, long mustache, chubby looks, grins on forehead, and that signature tool 'Gundasa' heavy sharpened blade with long wooden-handle. People stopped going to watching films, due to vulgarity, vulgar language, close-up female as* shots, cleavages, vulgar dances. What made these movies more stupid, were the impossibilities, such as - when some goons try to rape a woman in public, Rahi's mother call out to her son for the girl's rescue - and he would ride horse back from Dubai to Lahore - or suffering multiple gun-shots all over body and still fighting back, flying in the air and kicking around.

Having watched Machete Kills - I am now certain that Punajbi-language films were right, to have foreseen where exactly some Hollywood movies might be heading towards, ultimately - what Pakistanis did in early 80s, has only being done by Robert Rodriguez recently. Silly, stupid, and sure assurance about what directors might give you when there is lack of good material around.

Machete looks no different from Sultan Rahi, and his Machete is no different than Gundasa of Sultana Rahi. Machete rides nuclear warhead, sustains mega-voltage current, circles at the rpm (revolution-per-minute) of copter's blades. This is ridiculous, Robert has shown what a man like him could do, who has got money, influence, contacts, and approach. These kind of people must not exploit the art of cinema, with their already pursuing ambition of 'exploitation'.

The only reason I watched this movie, was because of Mel Gibson - and boy only he made sarcastic lines, and made his duration in the film worth watching for his fans ONLY.

NOTE: I gave it 10% for Mel Gibson only!
December 13, 2013
Cant been classic 80s action :D really well made and great follow up :D bring on the 3rd :D
December 12, 2013
Thank God for the Internet because I didn't have to spend a cent on this. Good God is it CRAP. And I say that to the fullest. There's rip-offs of James Bond, "Star Wars", and "G.I. Joe" in this, the dialogue and CGI is pure shlock, and while the first one was a bit of guilty pleasure, to see Rodriguez waste his time on these films instead of giving us sequel after sequel of "Sin City" yarns just grinds my gears.

Skip it.
December 12, 2013
***
Let me start by saying if you don't like over the top violence, crazy/goofy action, then just don't even bother at all with this. Actually, if you've never seen the first movie "Machete", it's probably because that's not your thing anyway. This is an absolute blast of pure B entertainment. Basically Machete(Danny Trejo) is back and has to get revenge for the death of his partner, and save the world from missile annihilation. Charlie Sheen plays the President of the U.S. if that tells you anything. The cast is insane and awesome, and Mel Gibson hasn't been this crazy in years. This movie is a lot of fun if you're in the mood for it, or if you like these type of flicks. The one thing I absolutely hated was the ending. This is a big spoiler so stop now if you don't want anything ruined.

It ends with a freaking trailer for "Machete Kills Again...In Space" and that is exactly how the movie started. I have no idea if they are actually making that into a real movie or not. If not, it's some crap because this movie has no resolution. Now, does it need it? No not at all, but some would still be nice. Again, if you want a fun night at home laughing at some crazy stuff, then check it out!
½ December 12, 2013
Really enjoyed it. A bit long but damn good fun.
½ December 12, 2013
Not even close to as good as the first installment. 'Machete don't tweet.'
½ December 11, 2013
Yo se que es una farsa pero ahora si ya cayo en el exceso de los excesos.
December 11, 2013
Even more ridiculous than the first one but at the same time pretty lazy. I will say the ending got me laughing more than the first one and the majority of this film. Also having fine females like Amber Heard, Sofia Vergara, and Alexa Vega helps getting through this film.
MANUGINO
December 10, 2013
Trained to kill. Left for dead. Back for more.

Decent Movie! Machete Kills is the sequel to 2010's Machete. Even more star studded than Machete's previous venture, this movie features appearances by an overly large score of popular actors including the likes of Jessica Alba, Amber Heard, Lady Gaga, Antonio Banderas, Cuba Gooding Jr. and Vanessa Hudgens. Machete Kills is equally enjoyable as its predecessor, containing the maximum amount of scenes of idiotic ultraviolence, sweaty sensuality (though surprisingly no actual nudity this time) and a plethora of insanely funny genre self-referencing that have proved hallmarks of Rodriguez' grindhouse flicks.

The U.S. government recruits Machete to battle his way through Mexico in order to take down an arms dealer who looks to launch a weapon into space.
½ December 9, 2013
First half was good but eventually a bit of a letdown due to length and unnecessary clutter. The original was a cult hit for those who "got it" and appreciated Grindhouse. Still enjoyable at times especially with Machete in Space! #MachetedontTweet
December 8, 2013
Ridiculous but fun......If you want a bloody action pack film with a Russ Meyer twist, then this movie is for you....
December 8, 2013
When you see this film you should have a expectation of it being ridiculous but this movie goes too far, it not only feels dumb, its boring and over cliche'd. i know this movie is supposed to be ridiculous but it just goes way too far!