Machine Gun Preacher - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Machine Gun Preacher Reviews

January 29, 2015
Very good! Makes me angry about the shit going down in Sudan.
January 22, 2015
Uneven. Slow and drawn-out at times.
½ January 16, 2015
Well made, the film is a fine statement on what's wrong with unruly Africa, but also a decent biography of one man's plight against it.
January 13, 2015
Leaving aside the fact that seeing Gerard Butler always gives me joy /and not only for his looks, but for his great acting as well;)/, the movie was very good and touching, but also very sad and depressing...
½ January 7, 2015
A strong look into a remarkable story. Does not shy away from showing that even in remarkable stories, not everything is roses.
December 20, 2014
Very intense emotional movie! A true story not for the faint of heart! Butler is extremely wonderful bringing his character to life as Sam Childers. DO NOT listen to the critics!
December 14, 2014
Very interesting movie. I do not understand why it has a so poor rating. There is somebody who manipulate the rating score?
December 10, 2014
It's a family story so I'm behind the plot 100% but the violence gets heavy some times.
½ November 29, 2014
Decent Movie About A Man Saving The Lost Children In Africa, Who's A Bully, Murderer...
½ November 29, 2014
Had potential, failed to deliver.
½ November 14, 2014
Moving and powerful. Brought me to tears. Are we doing enough of the Lord's work? Am I? Makes you think. Love the movie. Ending was ok. But what a message.
November 10, 2014
This movie was outstanding. Great true story. Excellent movie. Not recommended for 13 and under. Also, there is a small portion of sexuality (no nudity; shows activity from afar off in the car), there's language as well. Otherwise excellent movie and story.?
November 9, 2014
Every American and every Christian should be made to watch this movie. It's a true story of a great man. He battles and risk everything he has to save children from the carnage going in in Sudan. Meanwhile the world ignores the atrocities being suffered by innocent people. It seems we would rather go to Disney World, Hollywood and Football games then help our fellow humans. I hope I made you feel guilty. It's the least you can do.
October 14, 2014
Above average film! Though tragic, the movie shows what a difference one man can make in stopping atrocities, and how everyone working together (even just a little) can make a big difference. Excellent script, commendable acting with heartfelt emotion, anger and sadness, and an evolving story that will leave you on the edge of your seat! Two thumbs up! God is good.
September 29, 2014
Story wise it is very inspiring more likely a call from Schindler's List theme. It's there but poorly executed. It could have been better it could have been more.
½ September 11, 2014
There is a remarkable man and story in here somewhere. It's pieced together a little too much, but his passion and often misguided drive are clearly portrayed.
August 29, 2014
Easily the greatest Christian film of all time, and it's based on a true story. It deals with real world problems not some bullshit philosophy class or the dreams a little kid had under anesthesia. A big budget production that fucking delivers.
July 18, 2014
A full of life and complex film that will leave us more than one message.
½ June 26, 2014
Maybe not perfect but it is really emotional and realistic. Beautiful true story.