Macon County Line - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Macon County Line Reviews

½ October 27, 2012
A trio on a road trip in Louisiana in 1954 find themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time when a sheriff finds their broken down car near the site of his wife's murder. Justice southern style - shoot first and ask questions later.
October 6, 2012
a little slow here and there, but some cool twists save it
September 25, 2011
This is a good ole fashion drive in "classic" Now i use the word classic loosely! This is far from being a classic, but its a prime example of 70's drive in nostalgia. Max Baer Jr. (Jethro of the Beverly HillBillies!) wrote and produced this one. This actually has really good acting from all involved. Its a fun movie that takes a while to get going but truthfully it didnt bother me one bit. The last act get vicious and well played out.
½ June 27, 2011
Max Baer Jr.'s directorial debut Macon County Line was a great film.I watched it for the 1st time ever today & enjoyed watching every minute of it.I've heard of The Vint Brothers & after watching this flick, I wonder what happened to their careers?
December 30, 2010
A stupid story and plot that doesn't even get anywhere, I got so bored watching this movie, I hate it.
November 7, 2010
Very good movie! Not like the slop they make today.
April 7, 2010
Saw this a veerrry long time ago, I'm sure it was really BAD. On my "Movies I Did Not Like" list.
½ February 8, 2010
½ March 9, 2009
Brothers get caught in wrong place at wrong time when car breaks down across the Macon County Line and run afoul of the local Sheriff. Written, produced & starring Beverly Hillbillies Max Baer, huge box-office success & drive-in classic.
½ August 7, 2008
This movie is badass for what it is. It's definitly a good movie to watch with a group of friends.
June 30, 2008
it was alright to watch
May 28, 2008
Man, what a downer! I wasn't expecting it to be so grim and cheerless, especially after the cheeky opening. Is this really based on a true story..?
½ February 12, 2008
He played Jethro Bodine, not Jethro Clampett - pay attention. This may have been Max Baer Jr.'s attempt at breaking away from his type casting. The film is definitely not a comedy. Though it is low budget it is surprisingly good.
August 14, 2007
Jethro Clampet as a hard boiled southern cop.....gotta love it. Not as good as Joe Don Baker's magnun opus, Walking Tall.