Les Aventures de Rabbi Jacob (The Adventures of Rabbi Jacob) (The Mad Adventures of 'Rabbi' Jacob) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Les Aventures de Rabbi Jacob (The Adventures of Rabbi Jacob) (The Mad Adventures of 'Rabbi' Jacob) Reviews

December 10, 2009
Cultissime!!! Me fait et me fera probablement toujours rire!! "Rabbi Jacob i va danser!!" J'adoooore!
½ November 8, 2009
Louis de Funès s'éclate dans ce film. Son meilleur! Chers Cachères!
October 5, 2009
Loved it . In French . Best comedy ever made Absolutely hilarious .Louis de Funes is great as the anti- semite who has to fake being a Rabbi in order to escape terrorists. funny funny funny
½ September 5, 2009
Hillarous comedy a-la-francaise".Check it.
August 30, 2009
a marvellous movie!we can see all the time and we laugh all the times!!!a movie without time!!!
July 3, 2009
One of the funniest films i ever saw. Watched it on TV in Montreal in French. The gags still get me--be on the look out for a citroen with a boat on top becomes a boat with a citroen on top. c'est folle!
½ May 18, 2009
Entertaining Louis de Funes comedy about a grumpy bigot who finds himself immersed in Jewish culture. Fun.
March 21, 2009
Den er da meget sød :)
March 20, 2009
Hilarious movie with great performances from all! I especially enjoyed Dalio. The soundtrack was so catchy too!
March 12, 2009
haha, yeah this guy is great and this movie is one of the best of his movies...lol
March 12, 2009
This is one of the best french movies I have ever seen. It's hilarious and Louis de Funes does an awesome job.
March 9, 2009
Que de scènes cultes : la danse, "Salomon est juif ?", etc...
Du grand Oury.
February 15, 2009
Compare this to today's crap and tell me what the result is... :rolleyes:
½ February 9, 2009
I am indebted to my French manager who highly recommended this movie. It is a gem that I would have never stumbled upon on my own. It's a good old fashioned French farce from the 1970's, but it is maddeningly entertaining. The hijinx and mistaken identities suck you in pretty early on. And all the twists should be so obvious, but there is such pleasure in watching it all unfold. Louis de Funes is absolutely brilliant and is clearly an inspiration for the likes of Sascha Baron Cohen and Roberto Benigini. I highly recommend this to anybody who likes a silly fun comedy that is smart and well-constructed. It's a lot of fun.
February 8, 2009
de la bombe ce film !!
January 17, 2009
I saw this movie in my youth and laughed hysterically!!
½ January 4, 2009
Louis de Funès is funny as usuall, but I think I had higher expectations. And of course without F.F. it's less watchable...but still good french comedy!
January 4, 2009
un film culte. Rien à redire.
January 2, 2009
Mythique !An Incredible Masterpiece !
January 1, 2009
Ce soir le film est repassee pour la 45eme fois sur TF1, au debut on est hesitant a le regarder encore une fois, et quand on ce laisse prendre dans les 1ere images, on finit par le voir entierement. Louis de Funes est geniale, tout comme cette scene de danse culte. J'en rigole encore.